Saitek X52 Pro

Jacques Vincent Guest

Hello, I use the Saitek X52 Pro Joystick with FSX and MSFS 2020.  During the flight, I no longer have any control, the plane becomes uncontrollable, I restart the game, everything is fine for a few minutes and then it starts again!

Someone told me on forums, that the problem comes from Windows 10, and that the Saitek is no longer recognized in MSFS 2020, others that it is compatible, what to do?  On FSX, on the same PC, everything is fine and works well

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello!

It sounds like you're experiencing some compatibility issues between the Saitek X52 Pro joystick and Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020). No worries, I've come across similar problems in the past, and there are a few possible solutions that might help you. Let's break it down step-by-step:

• Driver and software updates: Firstly, ensure you have the latest drivers and software for your Saitek X52 Pro joystick. You can download the most recent drivers from the Logitech support page here. Make sure to select the appropriate drivers for your Windows 10 version.
  • USB power settings: In some cases, USB power management settings may cause the joystick to lose connection intermittently. To fix this, go to the 'Device Manager', find the 'Universal Serial Bus controllers' section, right-click on 'USB Root Hub' and select 'Properties'. Under the 'Power Management' tab, uncheck the box next to 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power', then click 'OK'. Repeat this step for all USB Root Hubs listed.
  • Profile configuration: The Saitek X52 Pro joystick comes with a software suite called 'Logitech G HUB' that allows you to create and manage different profiles for various games. Make sure you have the correct profile activated for MSFS 2020. You can download the Logitech G HUB software here if you haven't already.
  • In-game settings: Check your in-game settings in MSFS 2020 to ensure that the Saitek X52 Pro is correctly recognized and configured. From the main menu, navigate to 'Options' > 'Controls', and then select your joystick. Make sure that the correct input mappings are assigned, and there are no conflicts with other devices.
  • Windows 10 compatibility: While there have been reports of issues with the Saitek X52 Pro and Windows 10, it's worth noting that many users have successfully used the joystick with MSFS 2020 on Windows 10 without issues. If the problem persists despite trying the above steps, consider reaching out to Logitech's support for further assistance.

I hope these suggestions help you resolve the issue with your Saitek X52 Pro joystick in MSFS 2020. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions or need additional guidance. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...