Saitek X52 vs Logitech 3D

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

Right now I have a Logitech Attack and it's good for CFS but only because you throw the throtle to 100% and thats it. For FSX it sucks. The buttons are place badly for a regular plane. So I started searching for a new joystick. I've narrowed it down to the Logitech 3D & the Saitek X52. Can someone please help me diside? And what is the screen on the X52 for?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I have the Logitech 3D Extreme Pro and it's a good, cost effective controller. It's not in the same league as the Saitek X52 Joy stick and Throttle system. Everything I've heard about the X52 is positive. There's a large difference in the price and capabilities of the two controllers. The screen on the X52 features a clock display and shows what mode the key mapping is set for, you'll have to wait for a response from a X52 owner for more details. I would go with the X52.

http://www.saitekusa.com/usa/prod/x52.htm
Saitek X52

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2221,CONTENTID=6954
Logitech 3D Pro

Pro Member First Officer
Wing-man First Officer

Flykid wrote:

Right now I have a Logitech Attack and it's good for CFS but only because you throw the throtle to 100% and thats it. For FSX it sucks. The buttons are place badly for a regular plane. So I started searching for a new joystick. I've narrowed it down to the Logitech 3D & the Saitek X52. Can someone please help me diside? And what is the screen on the X52 for?

I can't speak for the Logitech 3D as I've never used it, but I'm confident I would'nt swap my X52 for anything. Check out the X52 Pro............

http://www.saitek.com/uk/prod/x52pro.htm

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

thanks guys. from what i have read on the internet the x52 is the way to go. price isn't a problem. i was going to get it on eBay

Pro Member First Officer
Murfi First Officer

Go with X52, I have it and it's the best, so easy to setup a profile and very comfortable for control!

The screen displays time, date, stopwatch, profile you have selected and mode.

swatius Guest

Hi All
I would drop my X52 in a second if someone could offer a Microsoft Sidewinder Force feedback 2 (no longer made). X52 the spring that centres the stick is weak, giving a very sloppy feel to the stick....For precision flying i hate it. Speaking from experience since have been a sim and real pilot from the late 80's, the force feedback of the sidewinder provides a good postitive pressure against your hand which is needed. Airbus use a fly by wire system but have to provide motor servers in the control stick to simulated positive force feedback, otherwise they found that the pilots didn't have a feel for the aircraft.

Pro Member Trainee
Flykid Trainee

turns out i am getting the x52 pro. too bad they still havent but feedback

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...