Custom Airship Designer for Xplane?

Tim Merritt Guest

I am an author writing a fiction story about a Lockheed-Martin LMH-1 Hybrid airship. I would like to find someone who could design a custom airship (with logos, graphics, etc) that I can use in my XPlane simulator. I haven't been able to find anything online except for a Goodyear Blimp (which I like). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It's great to see a fellow aviation enthusiast and author seeking to bring their vision to life within the X-Plane world! I understand that you're looking for a custom airship design, specifically based on the Lockheed-Martin LMH-1 Hybrid. Although I can't personally design it for you, I can certainly help guide you in the right direction.

1. Check out existing resources
Before diving into custom design, it's always a good idea to check out existing resources to see if someone has already created something similar. The X-Plane.org forums (https://forums.x-plane.org/) and the Fly Away Simulation X-Plane downloads section are great starting points to explore. You might find a design that you can modify to suit your needs.

2. Learn the basics of airship design
If you're unable to find a suitable design, you could consider learning the basics of airship design within X-Plane yourself. There are plenty of tutorials available on YouTube that can get you started. One helpful resource for understanding the basics of creating aircraft for X-Plane is the Aircraft Design Tutorials section on the X-Plane Developer site (https://developer.x-plane.com/). You could use these resources to create a basic airship and then customize it with logos and graphics as needed.

3. Seek out experienced designers
If learning to design an airship yourself isn't an option, you could reach out to experienced designers in the community. A great place to start would be the X-Plane Developer Forum (https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/forum/3-aircraft-development/), where you can post a request for assistance or collaboration on your project. Remember to be clear about your requirements and offer something in return, such as credit for their work or the opportunity to collaborate on your story.

4. Join a virtual aviation design group
There are several virtual aviation design groups that focus on creating custom aircraft for flight simulators. By joining one of these groups, you can connect with talented designers who might be interested in helping you create your custom airship.

I hope these suggestions will help you find the right person or resources to create your custom airship for X-Plane 12. Good luck with your project, and I can't wait to see the final result!

Blue skies!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...