Views through objects

John Hinestrosa Guest

I'm unable to set my views in order to see through objects or simply inside the passenger cabin. What need to do? I'm a user of Track Ir and disable it on the upper button but nothing allows it to go through!
I really appreciate your help!

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello,

I understand the challenge you're facing, it can be a bit tricky to navigate the views within Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS 2020). As a frequent user myself, I've also encountered similar issues in the past. Here's my take on how to resolve the problem:

First off, the ability to see inside objects, such as the passenger cabin, depends on the aircraft you are flying. If the model includes a fully modeled cabin (a feature known as Interior Modelling), then you should be able to view inside. However, not all aircraft, especially freeware models, have this level of detail. So, before trying to fix any technical issues, it's worth checking the specifications of the aircraft model you're using.

Moving on to the technical aspect, Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, like its predecessors, uses multiple camera modes - Cockpit, External, and Showcase. To switch between these modes, use the End, Insert, and Ctrl+Alt+A keys respectively. If you're trying to view through objects or inside the passenger cabin, you should primarily use the Showcase mode (Ctrl+Alt+A).

Now let's tackle the Track IR issue. Track IR, for the uninitiated, is a head-tracking input device designed for use in simulator games. When you mention disabling it via the 'upper button', I assume you're talking about the F9 key - the default button to pause Track IR. However, it's important to note that pausing Track IR only stops it from tracking your head movements; it doesn't grant you the ability to move the camera freely.

For free movement of the camera, you would need to disconnect Track IR from MSFS 2020 temporarily. You can do this by hitting the F7 key (the default key to disable Track IR). Once Track IR is disabled, you can move the camera freely around the cockpit and, if available, the cabin.

Here's a quick guide on how to move the camera:

• W, A, S, D: Move camera up, left, down, right respectively
  • Q, E: Rotate camera left, right
  • R, F: Move camera forward, backward
  • Z, X: Zoom in, out

Remember, once you're done exploring, you can re-enable Track IR by pressing the F7 key again.

I hope this information helps you navigate the views in MSFS 2020 more effectively. If you continue to face issues, don't hesitate to post again. We're here to help!

Safe flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...