Flybywire A320 neo loading problem

Daniel Bitton Guest

I downloaded and installed the free Flybywire A320 neo (thanks) and at the end of the file, transfers received four transfer errors (I believe related to the Instruments files)  indicating a Java transfer problem. Opening MSFS and loading the A320 airplane looks ok from the outside and in the cockpit all the panels are dark. Tried twice.
Please advise.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there,

I understand the issues you're experiencing with the Flybywire A320 Neo add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS). Your problem seems to be two-fold: transfer errors during the download process and dark panels in the cockpit once the aircraft is loaded in MSFS.

Firstly, regarding the transfer errors. While you mentioned they seem to be related to Java, it's worth noting that Java itself is somewhat antiquated software, with support having been discontinued a while back. That said, it's possible you might be utilizing a Java-based download manager, which could be leading to the errors you're experiencing. Could you please confirm whether you're using a download manager to download the files?

Download Managers are software applications that manage file downloads from the Internet. They often offer features like accelerated download speeds, pausing and resuming downloads, scheduling, and error recovery. However, they can sometimes cause compatibility issues with certain file types or servers. If you are using one, I would suggest attempting the download directly through your browser to see if that resolves the issue.

Moving on to the second problem, the dark panels in the cockpit. This issue can often arise due to incomplete or corrupted files (which may link back to the transfer errors you're experiencing). Here are a few potential solutions:

1. Run MSFS as an administrator. Right-click on the MSFS shortcut, select 'Properties', then 'Compatibility', and tick the box for 'Run this program as an administrator'.
  2. Verify the integrity of your game files. If you're using Steam, this can be done via the Steam client: Right-click MSFS in your library, go to 'Properties', 'Local Files', and then 'Verify Integrity of Game Files'.
  3. If neither of these solutions works, you might want to consider reinstalling the Flybywire A320 Neo add-on. Make sure to uninstall it completely before attempting a fresh installation. Also, double-check that you're downloading the latest version of the add-on from a reliable source.

It's worth noting that the latest Flybywire A320 Neo update requires Sim Update 5 to function properly, so ensure your MSFS is up to date. Sim Update 5 refers to one of the numerous updates provided by the developers to enhance the MSFS experience and fix any bugs or issues.

From my knowledge, following these steps should resolve the issues you're facing. If you're still experiencing problems, please provide a bit more detail about your system setup and the exact errors you're encountering. We'll do our best to assist further.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...