MSFS2020 STEAM VERSION A320 FBW SimBrief "Unknown User ID"

mammouth35 Guest

Hi sir,
I have the msfs2020 STEAM version.  For a few days, I can no longer turn on the on-board tablet of the A320 FBW
When I want to load info from Simbrief, I get the following message:!
"error unknown user id"  What should I do ???
Many thanks and regards.

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello there,

Thank you for your query. It seems like you're having a bit of a snag with the A320 FlyByWire's on-board tablet and SimBrief integration, specifically with an "unknown user id" error. Not to worry, I'll do my best to help you navigate through this issue.

Firstly, let's clarify some of the terminology used:

1. MSFS2020: This is an abbreviation for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, a popular flight simulation software.
  2. A320 FBW: Refers to the Airbus A320neo model, modified by the FlyByWire team to enhance its realism in MSFS2020.
  3. SimBrief: An online flight planning service, often used to generate flight plans for various flight simulators.

Now, moving on to the main issue. The "unknown user id" error message from SimBrief is typically indicative of a problem with the account credentials stored in the FlyByWire A320neo's MCDU (Multipurpose Control Display Unit). Here's a step-by-step rundown of what you can do:

1. First, please ensure that you've entered your SimBrief username correctly in the FlyByWire's MCDU. To do this, navigate to the MCDU's OPTIONS -> AOC -> SIMBRIEF USERNAME page and re-enter your SimBrief username.
  2. If the error persists, try resetting your SimBrief password and then update it in the MCDU.
  3. In some instances, the error could be due to a software bug in the FlyByWire mod. Make sure you're using the latest stable version of the mod. You can download this from the Fly Away Simulation page (https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/24856/msfs-airbus-a320-neo-a32nx-flybywire/).

It's also worth mentioning that the FlyByWire team is highly active on their Discord server, where they provide excellent support to the flight sim community. If you're still encountering issues after trying the steps above, it might be worth reaching out to them directly.

Lastly, remember that patience is key when troubleshooting these issues. Each step might not resolve the issue instantly, but we're gradually eliminating potential causes of the problem.

I hope this helps! Let us know how you get on, and if there are any other issues you're facing.

Safe flying!

VOUE Christian Guest

Perfect... ! A big thanks !

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...