Can I use the model in a separate game?

123E Guest

For example, if I wanted to for say use the model for a render scene would that be allowed?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

In response to the question "Can I Use The Model In A Separate Game?", you're stepping into a domain that's both technical and legal. So let's tackle these areas in order.

Firstly, the crux of the issue you're addressing pertains to 3D models utilized in flight simulators like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 (MSFS2020) and X-Plane 12. In simple terms, these are digital representations of aircraft, replete with intricate detailing, which help replicate the exact experience of flying that specific model. The beauty of these models is that they are accurate, detailed, and remarkably realistic - thus making them very desirable for other uses as you're exploring.

Secondly, we have to understand the End User License Agreement (EULA) that comes with these simulators. This is a legal contract between the software developer (in this case, Microsoft or Laminar Research) and the user. The EULA outlines what you can and can't do with the software.

Now, here's the pivotal point: using these models in a separate game or for a render scene generally falls outside the agreed usage in the EULA. You're essentially seeking to repurpose proprietary content - that's a no-go zone without explicit permission from the copyright holders.

From my knowledge, both MSFS2020 and X-Plane 12 EULAs prohibit the use of their content, including 3D models, outside the context of the simulators themselves. So to do what you're proposing, you'd need to seek permission directly from either Microsoft or Laminar Research. This isn't a guarantee of approval, but it's the legally correct avenue to pursue.

I'd like to emphasize that while the process may seem stringent, these restrictions exist to protect intellectual property rights and to ensure the continued production of high-quality simulation content we all enjoy.

To sum up:

• 3D models from simulators are intricate and detailed, desirable for varied usage.
  • The EULA prohibits unauthorized usage of these models.
  • You must seek direct permission to use these models outside of the simulators.

I hope this clears up the issue! Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...