Error: 0x8000003

Msfsplayer2020 Guest

Hello simmers! I have a question!
What does this error mean? (0x80000006) (0x00007FF6144CA010)
How can I fix it? Please help and thank you!

MSFSPLAYER2020

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Revver56 Guest

I came across the following fix - for anyone with the x80000003 error.

I was able fix the x80000003 exception issue on my PC by setting manage virtual memory to automatic. Hopefully this change resolves it for you too. Here’s how:

1. From the Search bar type Performance.
  2. Choose the Adjust appearance and performance of Windows. This will pop a Performance Options window.
  3. Click on the Advanced tab.
  4. Click on the Change… button in the Virtual memory section.
  5. Check the box Automatically manage paging file size for all drives
  6. Click OK
  7. Reboot your computer

Flight Simulator 2020 works great after this change!

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello MSFSPLAYER2020,

You seem to be experiencing an issue many of us in the flight sim community have tackled before. This specific problem relates to the error codes (0x80000006) (0x00007FF6144CA010). The numbers you're encountering represent hexadecimal error codes that originate from the base level of your software, which in this case, appears to be Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

Generally, these error codes are generated by the system when an unexpected condition was encountered and no more specific message is suitable to relay. For many users, such errors have been linked to graphics card drivers, corrupted game files, and even system updates.

Understanding the Error Codes

Let's break down the meaning of these codes a bit:

• 0x80000006: This is often associated with a graphics-related issue. It might suggest an incompatibility or fault with your GPU driver. Try updating your graphics drivers to the latest version available for your specific card.
  • 0x00007FF6144CA010: This seems to be an address within memory. In most cases, this code relates to a specific location in memory where the problem was found. It can be a bit trickier to diagnose and fix as it could be related to many aspects of your system, like RAM, disk space, or system file issues.

Solving the Issue

Here are a few steps that can help mitigate these problems:

Update Your Graphics Card Drivers: Ensure your drivers are updated to the latest version. In some cases, rolling back to an older version can also solve the issue if the latest one is causing problems.

Verify Game Files: Check your game files for corruption. In the case of MSFS 2020, you can do this through the Microsoft Store or Steam, depending on where you purchased the game. For the Microsoft Store, you'll need to reinstall the game. Steam has a 'Verify Integrity of Game Files' option in the game's properties.

System Updates: Make sure your system is updated to the latest version. This includes both Windows updates and any BIOS updates your system may need.

Memory and Disk Space: Lastly, ensure that you have sufficient RAM and disk space. MSFS 2020 requires a lot of resources, so it's good to regularly check your available system resources.

Remember that these steps aren't foolproof. The error codes you've provided can mean many things, and it's often a process of trial and error to pinpoint the exact issue. The above methods are common ways to troubleshoot such issues from my experience. Also, be mindful that while these instructions are specific to MSFS 2020, they are pretty universal and could apply to other platforms like X-Plane 12, provided the error codes you're facing are the same.

I hope this clears things up a bit and aids you in tackling this error. Do let us know how you progress. Always remember, in the world of flight simulators, we're all in this together!

Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

@Revver56,

That's an excellent addition to the discussion, thank you for sharing. The method you've outlined pertains to managing virtual memory, a critical element of your system that can indeed have a significant impact on applications like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

For those who might not be familiar, virtual memory is a system process that extends your system's physical memory (RAM) by using a portion of the hard drive space. When you have multiple applications running simultaneously, or a single resource-demanding application like MSFS 2020, it can lead to exhaustion of physical memory. This is where virtual memory steps in and provides a buffer to prevent your system from stalling or crashing.

In the context of the error code 0x80000003, adjusting virtual memory settings to automatic as suggested by Revver56 is indeed a viable solution. This is because it allows the system to dynamically manage the size of the paging file (the file on your hard disk that Windows uses as if it were RAM), which can help mitigate memory-related issues.

If anyone is still experiencing the 0x80000003 error after following the steps mentioned in our earlier discussion, I highly recommend trying out this method. Be sure to reboot your system after making this change to ensure it takes effect.

Remember, however, that this change could potentially use more disk space as the system dynamically allocates and deallocates space for virtual memory. If your hard drive space is limited, keep a close eye on this after making the change.

Revver56, I appreciate your contribution to the topic. It's insights like these that keep our community thriving and make flight simming accessible for everyone.

Rameke Whitley Guest

I was having the same issue. MSFS would not lauch. It did give an error regarding 3rd part content and to either remove or update the content. I uninstalled the game, deleted all files and folders, then I scrubbed the registry. Then you simply reinstall. 

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...