how do I install a downloaded navion aircraft in X-Plane sim?

Pro Member Trainee
Oldmanbushflyer Trainee

I have downloaded an aircraft for X-Plane 12 and I don't how to install it.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It's always exciting to add a new aircraft to your virtual hangar, isn't it? Let's get your Navion aircraft ready for takeoff in X-Plane 12!

Firstly, ensure that the downloaded file is in the correct format. Most X-Plane 12 aircraft come in a ZIP file (a compressed folder containing all necessary files). If you have a .RAR or .7Z file, you will need a program such as WinRAR or 7-Zip to extract it.

Step 1: Locate the Downloaded File

Once the aircraft file is downloaded, navigate to your downloads folder (the default location for downloaded files on most systems).

Step 2: Extract the Downloaded File

You'll need to extract the ZIP file. Right-click the file and select 'Extract All'. You can choose to extract it to the same downloads folder or a temporary location of your choice. This will decompress the file and present you with a new folder.

Step 3: Move the Extracted Folder

After extracting, find the new folder (it should have the same name as the ZIP file). This is the aircraft folder, and it needs to be moved to the X-Plane 12 directory. The X-Plane 12 directory is typically located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 12, assuming you're using a Windows system and you've installed the game via Steam.

Please note that for other operating systems or different installation methods, this path may vary.

Step 4: Install the Aircraft

Now that you have your aircraft folder, it's time to install the plane. Move (or copy) the folder to the 'Aircraft' subfolder within the X-Plane 12 directory. It typically looks something like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\X-Plane 12\Aircraft

And there you have it! Next time you load X-Plane 12, your new Navion aircraft should be available in your aircraft selection list.

Also, the process described above is quite similar for other popular flight simulators like Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, so you can use it as a guideline for installing new aircraft there too.

Remember, the joy of flight simulators is the constant discovery and learning. I hope this helps you get your Navion into the skies.

Blue skies and tailwinds, my friend!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...