Trouble Loading HD Mesh Global Scenery: Installer Not Loaded

Pro Member Trainee
AnthonyF Trainee

I am unable to load the installer for HD Mesh Global Scenery. In the OS toolbar, the download icon shows not loaded. I'm sure I've missed a step somewhere. I'm on XP12, the latest version, and the latest version of Ventura on a Silicon computer. Any help I'd appreciate very much. TIA, Anthony

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Anthony,

It seems like you've encountered a common issue when trying to integrate HD Mesh Global Scenery into X-Plane 12. The absence of a dedicated installer means that you'll need to manually move the files into the correct scenery folders. Here's a comprehensive step-by-step guide:

Step 1: Downloading the HD Mesh Scenery Files
Make sure your browser and internet connection are stable and try downloading the files again. If the problem persists, try using a different browser.

Step 2: Unzipping the Files
You'll need to unzip the downloaded files using a tool like 7-Zip or WinRAR.

Step 3: Locating the Correct Folders
This is where you'll have to pay close attention to the folder hierarchy.

1. First, locate your main X-Plane 12 directory.
  2. Inside, find the "Custom Scenery" folder.
  3. Create a subfolder inside "Custom Scenery" and name it something like "HD Mesh Global."
  4. Move the unzipped HD Mesh Global Scenery files into this new subfolder.

Step 4: Configuring the Scenery Order
The scenery order for mesh terrain is crucial for proper integration. Here's how to configure the "scenery_packs.ini" file:

1. Open the "scenery_packs.ini" file located inside the "Custom Scenery" folder.
  2. Place the line representing the HD Mesh Global entry below the local airport sceneries but above other global scenery lines.
  3. The order should look something like this:
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Local Airport/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/HD Mesh Global/
    SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Other Global Scenery/

Step 5: Running X-Plane 12
Start X-Plane 12, and the HD Mesh Global Scenery should be properly integrated.

Please remember, this procedure is specific to X-Plane and won't apply to platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020).

If you need further clarification or run into other issues, please don't hesitate to reach out. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...