seems to me that most of the aircraft plugins are unusable

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

they are either missing gauges or some other parts. I tried to follow the readme instructions, some just dont have the right file structure, some are just confusing......maybe it takes a lot practice to get it right.....unfortunately i have already messed up my default folders, didnt back up the original files...

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

All right, It's time for a patented FEM super extensive list of instructions

1. Download the plane
1.a- Make a folder in like My Documents, or if you have a 2nd hard drive, put one there. Call it FS Downloads

2. Download the plane to FS Downloads

3. Extract the plane there. we'll call it 777.zip
3a) Extract 777.zip
3b) you'll see a folder called 777

4. Open this folder
5. If the designer has a decent head on his/her shoulders, you SHOULD see the Model, Panel, Sound folders.

ALTERNATE STEP 5. If the designer wanted to complicate things, he'd put all those folders in a SECOND 777 Folder. If, when you open the 777 folder, and you see another 777 folder, open it.

Alt. Step 5a) If you see Model, Panel Sound and what have you, go to step 6.
Alt Step 5b) if you see ANOTHER 777 folder, delete that addon right now, it's not worth the work.

6. Copy the 777 folder (The one that contains the Model, Panel Sound and what have you)

7. Paste this folder into the FS9 Aircraft folder.

8. Check the Panel Folder, if all you see is a Panel.cfg file, open it, using notepad. make SURE it's set to have an alternate panel that you have.

Ex. It'll look like this

[fltsim]
alias=b737_400\panel

This is OK like this.
If it says like 777, or 747, it's fine, cause you have the aircraft as default.

If it has a custom panel, copy all the gauges files to the FS9 gauges folder.

If you have NO SOUND, copy the default B737's sound folder into the new aircraft's main folder

This should iron out the problems

remember that the 777 file was an EXAMPLE, so use this as a guide to the other's you download

If you have other problems, contact me at
big_beia@hotmail.com

I don't check the forums as often as I used to, so email is your best bet

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 That should do it 👍

FEM can I add that to the sticky "how to install"?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Thanks Captain FEM, it really helps, but by what you said " if you see ANOTHER 777 folder, delete that addon right now, it's not worth the work", almost half of them should be deleted. Some with the gauge folder attached, so I open it, select all and paste to the FS9 gauge folder, but some files already exist so I dont know if I should overwrite. Some gauge folders have sub-folders, should I copy & paste all the files in these sub-folders?

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

even the top rated F14 model gives me trouble using the gauges and retracting gears. and also the newest A380, folder structure seems to be messed up. if it works for you, let me know, I try it again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

TTT, you can go ahead and add it wherever you wish.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...