Affordable Gaming PCs for Smooth MSFS 2020 Performance under £1000

Dennis Niziol Guest

I want to buy a new gaming computer that doesn't cost an arm and a leg that will play MSFS 2020 without difficulty. I Want to stay as close to £1000 as possible. Any reputable suggestions??

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

It's always exhilarating diving into the world of flight simulation, especially with a game as demanding and visually stunning as Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020. When thinking about a machine that won't make your wallet cry, while ensuring buttery smooth flights, you need to consider the delicate balance between cost and performance. Here are some of my top recommendations based on your budget:

1. Pre-built Systems

• CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme VR Gaming PC - Known for its reliable gaming systems, CYBERPOWERPC has machines that come with Intel Core processors and NVIDIA GTX GPUs. A configuration with an i5 processor and GTX 1660 would give you a good balance of performance for MSFS 2020 while staying within the budget.
  • HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop - Another strong contender with configurations featuring AMD Ryzen processors and NVIDIA GTX graphics, ideal for MSFS 2020 and other demanding games. These PCs also offer upgradability, a huge plus for future-proofing.

2. Custom Build
Building your own rig can often give you more bang for your buck. If you're feeling adventurous, here's a suggested build:

• Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - Six cores and twelve threads, offering stellar performance for the price.
  • GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1660 Super - A cost-effective card, delivering strong visuals for MSFS 2020.
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz - Crucial for flight simulations. You can't skimp on this.
  • Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD - The SSD will ensure fast loading times, while the HDD can store other games and files.
  • Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 - Reliable and offers room for future upgrades.

From my knowledge, both X-Plane 12 and MSFS 2020 have similar system requirements. Therefore, the above suggestions should also ensure a smooth experience in X-Plane 12.

Remember, the market constantly evolves with prices fluctuating and new models emerging. It's always a good idea to check reviews and perhaps consult PC Gamer's recommendations for the most updated choices.

Lastly, ensure that your PC is paired with a decent cooling solution, as flight simulators, especially MSFS 2020, can push your system to its limits. Adequate airflow is key to longevity and consistent performance.

Happy flying and all the best with your new setup!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...