Seeking Addon for Real-Time Air Traffic without Delays in MSFS

Francois Lafreniere Guest

Is there an addon that has no time delay for showing real-time live traffic in MSFS? (I'm currently using FSLTL with FS Traffic with a real-time delay of several minutes).

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello,

It seems you're searching for a solution that showcases live, real-time air traffic in Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS 2020) without the pesky time delays. I can certainly empathize with your quest. A truly real-time air traffic visualization adds another layer of immersion to the simulator.

1. Native MSFS 2020 AI Traffic:

• First and foremost, let's discuss the in-built traffic feature of MSFS. The sim's native AI traffic uses real-time data, but there might be minor delays based on various data processing factors. This is a trade-off to ensure smooth simulator performance.

2. Third-party Addons:

• While FSLTL combined with FS Traffic is a popular choice, there are a few other addons in the market. The challenge is that, for an addon to be genuinely real-time, it must connect to a robust source of air traffic data and integrate it seamlessly into the sim.
  • AIG Traffic: One notable contender is AIG Traffic. It provides an impressive representation of AI traffic and comes close to real-time, though a minuscule delay can sometimes occur. They continuously refine and update their data sources to minimize latency.
  • LiveTraffic: Another solution, primarily for users seeking realism, is LiveTraffic. It fetches data from various real-world sources. Though it's not 100% delay-free, the latency is relatively lower compared to some alternatives.

3. Considerations:

• Performance Impact: Introducing real-time data can potentially affect your simulator's performance. It's all about finding that sweet spot between immersion and smooth gameplay.
  • Data Source: Not all addons source their data from the same place. The quality and timeliness of the data can vary, affecting the real-time experience.
  • Compatibility: As MSFS continues to update and evolve, ensure your chosen addon is compatible with the latest version. Regularly check for updates to avoid any discrepancies or conflicts.

In conclusion, while truly "delay-free" real-time traffic might be elusive, there are alternatives that can provide an experience that's close to real-time. It's about gauging what level of realism you're comfortable with versus the performance trade-offs.

From my knowledge, it's always a good idea to check in on the official MSFS forums and Fly Away Simulation's dedicated sections for the most recent developments and user feedback on various addons.

If you could share more specifics on your system setup and performance expectations, I could perhaps provide more tailored suggestions. In the interim, I hope this overview helps!

Warm Regards,
Ian Stephens

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...