Removing the Sun Visor in Virtual Cockpit: No Clickable Areas Detected

M Cowan Guest

How do get rid of the sun visor? I'm in the VC and there's no click spots.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand the annoyance that a non-functional sun visor can pose in the virtual cockpit (VC). From the many hours I've spent within Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, and its predecessors, I've come across similar issues and their potential solutions. I'll be happy to guide you through the process.

Firstly, let's ascertain a few things:

• Aircraft Model: Different aircraft models within MSFS 2020 might have different cockpit layouts and functionalities. Could you please specify the exact aircraft you're using? Some aircraft may have the sun visor feature merely for aesthetics, meaning they won't be functional.
  • Third-party Add-ons: Are you using any third-party aircraft or mods? Sometimes, third-party aircraft can have unique cockpit functionalities, which might differ from the default aircraft provided in MSFS 2020.

Now, addressing your main concern with the sun visor:

1. Keyboard Shortcuts: Sometimes, specific functions within the VC are mapped to keyboard shortcuts rather than being clickable. Check your control settings to see if there's a specific keybind for the sun visor.
  2. Mouse Mode: Ensure you're in the correct mouse mode. The "Locked" and "Legacy" mouse modes can drastically affect your interaction within the cockpit. If you're in the "Legacy" mode, switch to "Locked" mode, and vice versa. Doing so might reveal the clickable spot for the sun visor.
  3. Update & Graphics Settings: It might be beneficial to ensure that your simulator is updated to the latest version. Sometimes, patches address these minor issues. Additionally, adjusting the graphics settings, especially the cockpit detail level, might render the clickable areas more visible and responsive.
  4. Community Feedback: I'd also suggest checking the Official MSFS 2020 forums. Users might have come across similar issues and shared their solutions.

If after trying these steps you're still unable to interact with the sun visor, I'd appreciate it if you could provide more details about the specific situation or any unique setup you might have. The more details you can offer, the better equipped I'll be to assist you further.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...