Unexpected Excess Items in Content Manager Post-Marketplace Access: Resolutions?

Pro Member Trainee
MikeJH Trainee

Has anyone experienced this, everything has been fine up to a few days ago. I was downloading/installing some of the items I had purchased in the sale.
I selected the next one & when I selected CONTENT MANAGER the listing that came was different from usual, the main difference being it had approximately 200 more items than my usual content. I have tried various things nothing has worked.
       To make sure it was not the item I picked, I tried various others, with the same result.
       If installed in this condition they DO NOT show in my game.
       If I exit the program, leave it awhile, restart the program & then select the content manager through the PROFILE tab everything is back to normal.             This stays until I select the marketplace once more.
I have tried both --- Verifying local files & doing a Re-instal both had no effect.

All add-ons installed before this glitch & all items in the Community file work OK with no error messages at all.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey there,

First and foremost, it's quite unusual for the Content Manager to show a significantly different number of items post marketplace access. Let's troubleshoot this systematically.

• Cache Issues: Given that you're seeing a difference in the number of items listed, it's possible that there's a cache issue. Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS 2020) does store temporary data which can sometimes lead to unexpected behavior. You might want to:
    • Clear your Rolling Cache: This is found in the Options > General > Data tab. Click on Delete Rolling Cache File and then restart your sim.
  • Profile Syncing: Sometimes, if there's a desynchronization between your local profile and the one stored on the cloud, you might witness such discrepancies. To counteract this:
    • Make sure you're connected to the internet properly.
    • Log out and log back in to your Xbox or Microsoft account within MSFS 2020.
  • Add-On Conflicts: Even though your community folder add-ons worked fine pre-glitch, there might have been updates or alterations to these third-party contents that cause unforeseen interactions with the marketplace.
    • As a test, temporarily move all add-ons from the Community folder to another location and see if the issue persists.
  • Corrupted UserCfg.opt File: This file stores user settings, and any corruption could lead to erratic simulator behavior. Try renaming or deleting it to let MSFS 2020 create a fresh one. It's typically located at:
    • LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache
  • Other Solutions:
    • Updates: Check for any pending updates for MSFS 2020. There might be fixes already available.
    • Graphics Drivers: An outdated or corrupted graphics driver can sometimes lead to unusual behaviors. Consider updating or reinstalling them.

Lastly, could you provide a bit more detail? Are there any specific patterns or sequences of actions you're taking that lead to this? Any additional details will help in narrowing down the potential causes.

From my knowledge, these are the primary troubleshooting steps you'd want to consider. If none of these work, it might be a more intrinsic issue, and I'd recommend reaching out directly to the Microsoft Flight Simulator support team or checking the official forums for additional insights.

Hope this helps, and fingers crossed you'll be back flying smoothly in no time!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...