Microsoft Flight Simulator UI & Free Play Issues: Airports & Plane Selection Unresponsive

UpgradeTVgamingYT Guest

My game was working for one day but when I started the game the UI would not show not in settings or manager the marketing place was gray the trainer was gray and when I went to the free play it would not load in the airports get a plane is not working so I look In YT but it was not helpful at all pls help me go look at my YT channel please help me please @UpgradeTVgamingYT

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hey @UpgradeTVgamingYT,

Firstly, I empathize with your situation; it's always frustrating when things don't operate as expected. Especially after a smooth run. But no worries, we'll delve deep and troubleshoot your issue. Let's get started.

Step 1: Verify Game Files
Before diving into deeper solutions, always ensure that your game files are intact. If you're using a platform like Steam:
Library > Microsoft Flight Simulator > Right-click > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files

Step 2: Graphics Driver Update
Outdated or corrupted graphics drivers could be a culprit. Always make sure you have the latest version. Nvidia and AMD regularly release updates that enhance game performance.

Step 3: Clear Cache
Sometimes, old cached data can cause issues. Navigate to:
Options > General > Data > Delete Rolling Cache File

Step 4: Reset User Configurations
You might have a corrupted configuration file. Renaming or deleting the "UserCfg.opt" will force the simulator to create a new one on the next launch. This is typically located in:
LocalAppData\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache

Step 5: Check Internet Connection
Microsoft Flight Simulator requires a stable internet connection for many of its features. Double-check your connectivity. Maybe run a quick speed test.

Step 6: Disable Add-ons/Mods
Sometimes, third-party add-ons or mods can interfere. Try disabling them temporarily to see if they might be causing the issue. Re-enable one by one to pinpoint any potential culprits.

Step 7: Reinstall
If all else fails, consider reinstalling. Yes, it's a bit tedious, but it often rectifies any lingering issues.

Lastly, I took a quick peek at your YT channel. I see you're passionate about simming, just like many of us here. I'd advise focusing on the game issue in forums like this for a more focused response. But, I appreciate the enthusiasm!

From my knowledge, these steps should help address the majority of issues simmers face with Microsoft Flight Simulator. Remember, it's a sophisticated piece of software, and sometimes it just needs a bit of tender love and care.

Happy flying, and fingers crossed for a swift resolution!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...