Is it Possible to Obtain Microsoft Flight Simulator for Free?

Jonathan Price Guest

So I am running on a very tight budget.  I am a previous FSX (disc) user and would love to upgrade to the latest Microsoft Flight Simulator now I have purchased a brand-new powerful machine capable of running it.

However, my conundrum is I have ZERO budget to buy the game at the moment.  Are there any ways I can obtain MSFS for free or as close to free as possible?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand your situation completely. Upgrading to the latest tech while managing finances can indeed be a balancing act. Your question about obtaining Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) on a tight budget is a common concern, and I'm here to shed some light on this.

Firstly, it's important to note that MSFS, being a premium and recently released software, typically doesn't come free. However, there are a few avenues you might explore:

• Game Pass Options: Microsoft offers Xbox Game Pass for PC, which occasionally includes MSFS. This subscription-based model might be a cost-effective way to access the game. While it's not entirely free, it's significantly more budget-friendly compared to purchasing the full game outright.
  • Discounts and Sales: Keep an eye on platforms like Steam or the Microsoft Store for sales. Holiday seasons and special events often bring hefty discounts.
  • Free Alternatives: While you wait for a budget-friendly option for MSFS, you might want to explore other free simulators. Check out our free flight simulator section (here), which includes FSX, X-Plane, FlightGear, and more. These can be excellent options to keep you flying without any additional cost.

As a previous FSX user, you'll find that free or lower-cost alternatives can still provide a satisfying flight simulation experience. While they might not have all the features of MSFS, they can certainly fill the gap until you can access MSFS within your budget.

I'd also suggest joining online forums and communities dedicated to flight simulation. Members often share information about upcoming deals or alternative ways to access new software. It's a great way to stay updated and also connect with fellow enthusiasts.

Remember, while MSFS offers a breathtakingly realistic experience, the essence of flight simulation lies in the joy of flying, regardless of the platform. Exploring different simulators can also broaden your skills and appreciation for various types of flight simulation software.

Feel free to reach out if you have more questions or need further details.

Safe skies and happy simming!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...