Resolving Carrier Tuning Issues in Prepar3D's F-14 Final Cruises

Dale Scott Guest

I have the final cruises installed and the RFN gauge installed in my f-14. The gauge says the carrier is tuned and identifies the Enterprise and the distance in miles to the ship, but when I try to use the go-to function I get a message that says there is no carrier tuned... Any ideas as to a solution?

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi there,

I understand you're encountering a bit of a conundrum with the RFN gauge in your F-14, specifically relating to the Enterprise carrier detection. This sounds like a classic case of system miscommunication within the simulation environment. Let's tackle this step-by-step.

Initial Checks

• First, ensure that your RFN gauge is up-to-date. Outdated versions can sometimes cause unexpected behaviors.
  • Verify that the carrier simulation module is actively running in your Prepar3D setup.
  • Check if there's any interference from other add-ons. Occasionally, conflicting add-ons can lead to such issues.

Troubleshooting Steps

• Re-initiate the RFN gauge. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches.
  • Double-check the frequency settings. Ensure that the F-14's systems are tuned correctly to the Enterprise's signal.
  • If the problem persists, consider reinstalling the RFN gauge. This will help eliminate any corrupt files that might be causing the issue.

Additional Considerations

• Ensure that your Prepar3D is updated. Software updates can significantly affect how add-ons interact.
  • Explore community forums (excluding Avsim, Flightsim.com, and flightsim.to) for similar issues. Often, fellow simmers offer invaluable insights.

Note: These suggestions are based on my extensive experience with flight simulators, including the latest platforms like Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and X-Plane 12. However, the specific nature of your issue is tied to Prepar3D and the RFN gauge, so the applicability may vary.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, could you provide more details? Knowing exactly when and how the error occurs could be key to pinpointing the solution. I'll be here to offer further assistance once you've had the chance to run through these steps.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...