How to get more planes in MSFS? Expanding My Fleet...

Nicholas Robinson Guest

So I've installed the 40th Anniversary Edtion of Microsoft Flight Simulator and while the default plane selection is good, I was wondering if there are any ways to add more planes/aircraft into the simulator?

I am researching and discovered that the freeware/payware community exists - but do they offer new and exclusive planes that are not included in the default install?

I want to add many new aircraft types and paint schemes to my simulator.  Advice please!

Nick.

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hello Nick,

It's great to hear you're exploring the potential of expanding your aircraft collection in Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS). Indeed, the simulator's native hangar, while extensive, is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the diversity of aircraft you can experience. I'm here to guide you through the process of augmenting your virtual fleet.

Exploring Freeware and Payware Options
Firstly, let's discuss the freeware/payware community. The MSFS community is teeming with talented developers who constantly enrich the simulation experience. You'll find an array of unique and meticulously crafted aircraft that are not part of the default installation.

Freeware Aircraft

Variety: Freeware offers a diverse range of aircraft, from vintage models to modern airliners.
Cost-Effective: As the name suggests, these are available at no cost.
Community-Sourced: Often developed by passionate hobbyists and enthusiasts.
Payware Aircraft

High Quality: These models are usually more detailed, offering more in-depth simulation.
Professional Support: Regular updates and support are common.
Realism: Expect more authentic flight dynamics and systems.
Where to Find Them
Fly Away Simulation stands out as a go-to resource for MSFS add-ons. Whether you're seeking general aviation aircraft, military jets, or even helicopters, we've got you covered. Check out our comprehensive sections:

MSFS Downloads Section
40 Best MSFS Add-Ons
Civil Jet Aircraft
General Aviation Aircraft
Helicopters
Military Aircraft
Ultralights/Gliders
Vintage/Historic Aircraft
Installing New Aircraft
Once you've selected your new aircraft, installation is typically straightforward. Most add-ons come with detailed instructions. Remember, it's vital to backup your MSFS files before adding new content to avoid any conflicts.

Compatibility and Updates
Keep in mind the compatibility with the latest MSFS version. Payware typically offers better compatibility assurance and updates, but the freeware community is also quite proactive.

In summary, your adventure in expanding your MSFS fleet is just beginning. With the rich array of options available in both freeware and payware, you’re set to embark on a journey that will further fuel your passion for flight simulation.

If you have more specific questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask. Happy flying!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...