Troubleshooting A310-300 Cockpit Activation Issues in MSFS 2020

Rudolf Schulz Guest

I have a problem with the default A310-300.  So far I was able to activate the cockpit with the following settings on the tablet:

• Ready for Takeoff
  • Set As Default
  • Activate

The cockpit was then activated and I was able to make all the settings, e.g. speed, altitude, etc.
Suddenly it no longer works after I reinstalled the A310-300.
What do I have to do?

regards
Rudolf Schulz

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Hi Rudolf,

From my understanding of your issue with the A310-300 in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020, it seems like you're facing a challenge in activating the cockpit, especially after a reinstall. Let's delve into some potential solutions to address this.

Firstly, it's essential to verify that your installation of the A310-300 was done correctly. Even a minor hiccup during the install process can lead to functionality issues like the one you're experiencing. Here are a few steps to consider:

• Ensure that the installation files for the A310-300 are not corrupted. If possible, download them again and reinstall.
  • Check for any updates for MSFS 2020 itself. Occasionally, aircraft behavior can be influenced by the core simulator updates.
  • Verify that other aircraft in your MSFS 2020 are functioning correctly. This can help isolate the problem to the A310-300 specifically.

After confirming these basics, let's focus on the cockpit activation process:

• Revisit the tablet settings. Although you've set them before, a fresh install might reset certain configurations.
  • Experiment with different settings on the tablet. Sometimes, toggling unrelated settings can inadvertently affect cockpit functionalities.
  • Check if there are any known bugs or issues with the A310-300 on forums or the aircraft developer's site. They might have released a patch or workaround for this issue.

Additionally, since you mentioned the problem occurred post-reinstallation, it might be a good idea to:

• Clear any cache that MSFS 2020 stores. Sometimes old data can conflict with new installations.
  • Ensure that there's no conflict with other add-ons or mods you might be using. Try running the simulator with just the A310-300 installed.

If these steps don't resolve the issue, it might be beneficial to seek more specific help. Providing screenshots or a more detailed description of the steps you're taking can help others diagnose the problem more effectively.

As always, the flight sim community is here to help, so don't hesitate to reach out if you need further assistance. Remember, troubleshooting can be a process of trial and error, but it's all part of the flight simulation experience we cherish.

P.S. If you find a solution, please share it with the community. Your experience could help others facing similar issues!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...