Enabling Windowed Mode in X-Plane 11

Ned Higgins Guest

I have a problem running Xplane 11 in "Windowed" mode. I have reviewed several posts regarding this issue and have tried everything suggested and nothing seems to fix the issue. My main problem is that the settings/graphics do not even give me the option to run Windowed mode. --only Full screen. Any thoughts Anyone? Seems several folks have had the same issue. 

Answers 1 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

I understand your frustration with the issue of running X-Plane 11 in "Windowed" mode. You're not alone in this; many users have encountered similar challenges. Let's try to tackle this problem with a few steps and considerations.

1. Monitor Configuration in X-Plane 11: Typically, the option for windowed mode should be available in the game settings. To access this, you would go to Settings > Graphics. Here, under the Monitor Configuration, there should be a dropdown menu offering various options including "Windowed Simulator". This is where you can usually toggle between full screen and windowed modes.
  2. Resolution Considerations: There's a possibility that the resolution settings of your monitor could be influencing the availability of the windowed mode option. X-Plane 11 has a minimum resolution requirement, and if your current resolution is set too low, it might not allow the windowed mode option to appear. It's worth checking that your monitor's resolution meets or exceeds the game’s minimum requirements.
  3. 32-bit vs 64-bit Versions: Some users have reported differences in the availability of windowed mode depending on whether they are running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of the game. While most modern systems would be running the 64-bit version, it might be worth experimenting with the 32-bit version if you are running into persistent issues.
  4. Checking for Updates: Ensure that your version of X-Plane 11 is up to date. Sometimes, issues like these are resolved in newer updates or patches released by the developers.
  5. Multiple Monitor Set-Up: If you're using a multi-monitor setup, it's important to configure each monitor correctly in X-Plane 11’s settings. The game offers detailed configurations for single and multiple-monitor setups which can be crucial in troubleshooting display issues.

If none of these steps resolve your issue, I would recommend reaching out to X-Plane's support team or checking their official forums for more specific assistance. There might be a particular nuance to your setup that requires a more tailored solution.

As always, happy flying and I hope you manage to resolve this issue soon!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...