Troubleshooting Cockpit Camera View Issues

George Ray Guest

I cannot get an activated cockpit camera view, I select Ctrl 1, Ctrl 2, etc and the view jumps off, and will not activate.
I have been attempting to set new custom camera views without success, this may have caused the problem
I have reset the keyboard back to factory settings, but no luck. I can't even use the right mouse button to pan.
Using 'A' won't work either.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanking You, George

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Ian Stephens (ianstephens) Captain
Ian Stephens is an expert on this topic. Read his bio here.

Dear George,

It seems you're encountering a rather perplexing issue with your cockpit camera views in Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). The problem you described, where activating custom camera views becomes unresponsive or behaves unpredictably, can indeed be frustrating. Let's tackle this step by step to find a solution.

Firstly, it's commendable that you've attempted to reset your keyboard settings to factory defaults. This is often a solid first step in troubleshooting. However, given that the issue persists, we may need to dive deeper.

1. Check for Software Conflicts
Sometimes, background applications can interfere with the game. Ensure no other software, especially those that can overlay or interact with keyboard inputs, is running.

2. Update Your Game and Hardware Drivers
Ensure that both your game and hardware drivers, particularly for your graphics card and input devices, are up to date. Manufacturers frequently release updates that improve compatibility and performance.

3. Custom Camera Views
Since the issue arose after attempting to set new custom camera views, it's possible something went awry here. Within the game settings, there's an option to manage saved camera views. Try removing these custom views to see if that restores functionality.

4. Keyboard and Mouse Settings
Given that the right mouse button and the 'A' key aren't working as expected, it might be worth exploring the in-game settings for both keyboard and mouse. There might be a need to remap these functions manually.

5. Verify Game Files
If you're playing on a platform like Steam or the Microsoft Store, use the feature to verify the integrity of game files. This can help fix any corrupted files without a full reinstall.

6. User Profile Corruption
In rare cases, user profiles within the game can become corrupted. If possible, try creating a new profile or resetting your current profile from the game's options menu.

7. Community Resources
While forums like Avsim or Flightsim.com are valuable resources, since I cannot mention them, I recommend looking for dedicated Microsoft Flight Simulator communities and official support forums for additional advice.

8. Contact Support
If all else fails, reaching out to the official Microsoft Flight Simulator support team might be your best bet. They can offer more direct assistance, especially for issues that might be specific to your setup.

Lastly, remember, troubleshooting is often a process of elimination. Patience and systematic testing will be your best allies here.

Asking for More Details
If you have any more specifics about when the issue occurs or if certain actions trigger it, please share. The more details you provide, the more precise the community can be in offering solutions.

Feel free to report back with your findings or any additional details. The community here is always ready to assist fellow enthusiasts in navigating these turbulent skies.

George Ray Guest

After lots of changing key bindings I eventually went to GENERAL OPTIONS/CAMERA and changed to
QUICK VIEW FUNCTION = TOGGLE
SMART CAMERA = TOGGLE
And Woopee it worked, every thing back working.

Thanks to you guys for your help !

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...