Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2

Daniel_109 Guest

I have ordered a new dell computer, its a 2.6 ghz pentium 4 processor with Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2, just wondering is this enough to run fs2004 smoothly?

Answers 13 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

As you know Integrated cards are not the best for maximum FPS but with a good processor like that and lets hope at least 1 gig of ram you should have a very nice system to run it on.
The least you should try with XP is 512mb ram for fair performance, eye candy included.

Radar

Daniel_109 Guest

its got 256MB DDR RAM, is that good enough?

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Sounds grim...... 😞

daniel_109 Guest

how can i upgrade that? and does it cost much?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You would have to add it yourself, or go to a shop to have it done. It's really very easy.
It's hard to say what it would cost.
To get an idea of price, probably the best outside of a local store sale is here.
www.crucial.com .

Radar

Daniel_109 Guest

I priced around on a few website, and i could afford to get 128mb graphics card and 512mb ram, should that run the game alright?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Depending on the card, yes. There are some old not too good 128mb.
If all you can afford right now is 512mb ram that would be great.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
roadster123 Trainee

If your ordering from dell and are getting 512mb ram get the duel instead of shared it will run a little better.

lu Guest

is there a way to upgrade a to a better graphics card? 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

lu wrote:

is there a way to upgrade a to a better graphics card? 😞

It depends on what you are using now and if you have a motherboard that can support it.
List your system specs especially what card your using now.
Do you have an AGP socket.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

If it is a Dell Dimension 3000 or less, it only has PCI slots.

Pro Member Trainee
Camokozzy Trainee

if i only has pci slots u beat dude, bad buy, cos it quiet hard 2 find pci graphic cards these days

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Camokozzy wrote:

if i only has pci slots u beat dude, bad buy, cos it quiet hard 2 find pci graphic cards these days

You can find them but they're older cards and not that good, especially for a graphic intensive sim like ours.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?CatId=319

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...