Basic Question

Pro Member Trainee
malfuller Trainee

Hi,

I just joined and downloaded some different aircraft. The basic question is: after unzipping all the files - how do I incorporate into FS2004? I need a little assistance. Thanks if someone can help me.

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain
Pro Member Trainee
malfuller Trainee

I (for instance) downloaded the Piper Arrow. I unzipped the package and put in into the Aircraft folder in fs9. In this folder (which is named pa28_180), I've got several folders - model, sound, texture, texture.1, .2, a file named 'aircraft.cfg', and a file named 'Piper_PA28_180.air. Of course, when I start FS2004, there is no Piper Arrow in the aircraft list. There is no question I'm doing something wrong, just trying to figure it out. Thanks for any and all help.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I have to restart my computer when ever I donwload an airplane. Try that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

The folder containing all of that has a name pa28_180, not called aircraft.
That folder goes into the main aircraft folder and you look under "piper".

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
malfuller Trainee

I tried re-booting. No luck. Let me try another one. I downloaded the DeHavilland Dash 8, and unzipped the files into fs9 / aircraft. Within this 'aircraft' folder, there are the following folders - model, sound, texture, texture.1, and .2. Then there are two files - DH_Dash8 _100.air, and aircraft.cfg. That's all there is. So, am I missing somehting within this folder, or do I need to do something different to activate this plane within the program itself? Sorry for the seemingly inane questions - just haven't done this before.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First it would help if we could download the exact same folder.

The DeHavilland folder has to say that, not "aircraft", that's called a wrapper and can't be read by the menu.
DeHavilland can be spelled two or three ways so check them all.
You have 3 narrow windows in the aircraft menu. Put "any" in the top and scroll though the middle one. The bottom window will give you a choice of the two textures.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...