Fly Away Simulation
SearchSearch 

Internet Explorer Download Settings

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

i used to download on avsim.com until one day i accidentally clicked on open and always use this setting on the download scene so it doesnt ask you every time to open, save or cancel. but ever since when i download off of there it says that it i invalid of corrupt. i was told to reset my internet cache setting. where can i do that . HELP

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Go to tools/general tab/center section/settings. This is at the top of your browser between the "favorites" and "Help".
If that won't work come back.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

when i go in the temporary internet files settings, what do i do

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

To be honest with you I don't have the faintest idea what it has to do with your download.
I keep mine over to the left.
Every night I dump my cookies, cache and history and I don't have download problems anywhere.
When you click on a download the window that has "Save-Open-Cancel should pop up, if that doesn't you do have a problem.

The simplest way around this is to download Firefox and ONLY use it for downloads, not as your default browser.

http://www.mozilla.org/

Radar

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

no see once when i was downloading an airplane it says save,open,or cancel, and it says click here to always use this setting so it will always open of save it. i accidentally hit that but after i click on a link to download, it downloads and opens. but avsim is the only web site that i have the problem with where it says invalid of corrupt file

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I understand what you are saying now.
If you do a search here you'll find a number of members that have had problems with avsim, why, I don't know but after downloading Firefox they were able to download.

I know that you are having a problem but it seems to be isolated to avsim again.
Read this post down to the bottom part.
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/2615/an-24/

Radar