fx5900

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

does anyone have the fx5900 card and what do you think of it.The cheapest deal I could find was on ebay but most of them are used and I'm not sure I trust that.If you find some cheap deals please dont hesitate to tell me.

Answers 12 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 I got one 😀

Gainward FX5900 Ultra/1300XT 256MB

Price depends on where you are

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

I live in Ireland so I would order from somewhere in europe as america would cost a lot extra.Do you think it beats the Radeon 9800 in fps and looks.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Umm... I can only go on what I have seen,and Ive not seen a ATIRadeon 9800 with fs9

As for prices,I use ➡

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/search?q=FX5900

I know its a UK based search 🙄

Ebay, Umm... Ive used ebay and have never had any trouble...........yet
Try a wider search that takes in main land Europe and the USA(bought some memory from the US and it was 1/2 UK price with postage 😀 )

Im looking for the link for the company that supplied mine,but no luck so far.I see if I can dig out the invoice(it was a German company that I found via ebay,though they were not selling gfx cards on ebay at the time,you just gotta do a little digging)

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Theres about a selection of 18 on ebay germany and some of them were very cheap.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

TTT do you think its worth getting it becouse I just got the Radeon 9600 4 weeks ago and it never worked I tried everything and if I order a new card I might find out it has the same problem and its something else thats not working.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Only 4 weeks old 😳 send it back .............Or was this 2nd hand

The Radeon 9600 is about the same as a fx5700 performance and price wise
You say youve tried everything Umm... tell us what and also list your system specs please

As I said I only know Nvidia now(did have a ATI a looooong time ago and it gave me a fair few headaches driver wise,now sorted I belive with unified drivers)

Once we know what youve got and what you have done,we will try and see if we can get you flying

ATI users welcome to join in 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Its to late I'm afriad my dad sent it back(I think he wanted the pc working aswell) he did not believe anything more could be done (we both tried everything as I siad) but he has agreed to put some money towords a new one.The card was brand new.This is what we tried

1.I d/loaded the new drivers from ATI this did not work so I tried all the drivers TTT and RadarMan suggested

2.I rebooted the whole system and installed fs9 agian I did this 3 times over

3.sent the computer to the repare shop he took 4 days to do something about it and it still did not work.After that I had to reinstall fs9 agian becouse he had rebooted it yet agian

4.I d/loaded the 9.1 patch whitch was a waste of time.I installed fs9 agian to get rid of the patch and d/loaded the no-cd crack the pc shop siad it might help.

5.I thought it might be my monitor (LCD flat panel) so I redused resolution I redused settings in the hope that it might help

6.Installed the 3.7 drivers as someone siad they were the most stable with these on I got about 1/2 hour of smooth flight d/loaded omega drivers but there was a flikering that made my eyes sour and gave me a headake

My system specs are
P42.6GHZ/512DDR/120GIG/8x DVD-RW/I'm now using the MSI 9200se 128mb g/card

I would like to get the fx5900 or something as good as it (I'm a bit greedy Twisted Evil and want something better than the fx5700)

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Is the Geforce 6600 any good ❓ and how do you now if your motherboard suports pci express ❓

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

If your mobo is more than 3 months old,the chances are its not a PCIe motherboard

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Its 5 months old my motherboard suports AGP.Does that mean there will be trouble getting a Geforce 6600 becouse all the Geforce 6600 AGP seem to be twice the price Mad.

Pro Member Captain
Zach (ranald) Captain

Hey that post made me first officer 😎

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...