Please could someone give me some advise

CaptainKW Guest

Hi there, this might take awhile so i appreicate in advance any help what so ever!

Basically i have played FS from 98 but never really been able to get into it and recently i realised its coz i dont actually know how to fly properly. All i have been doin is gettin the biggest plane possible, sticking it on a runway and heading for the clouds!!

Anyway enough about that, im actually now learning to fly properly and thus far all is well! (first lesson is tonight hehehe!!).

All it is, is that i have studied the screenshots etc from the forum and am impressed with the detail and graphics! I havent started playing FS2004 yet but was just wanting to know a few answers..

1) Are all the airports really that detailed? I mean do all the little trucks, come around you etc. Does the gate actually come out and u have to taxi to it? (sorry if i sound newbish but i really have never got this far into the game so i dont know!)

2) how do i get my graphics to be as good as they can be in game?

3)Do I just download all the commercial airlines wen im ready to do so? And are all the flights that people talk about in their screenshots just made up by them selves? Like the FedEx flights and commercial flights and do u actually have passengers? etc.

Im sorry its a long one and i do hope someone has the time for me. I really want to get into this like the people on this site are coz it seems really engrossing and real! seeing as im not the best flier (well only the bit after takeoff where the plane cant decide if it wants to go up or down and my stomach is in my mouth!!!) just always wanted to know.

So if anyone can help or has an MSN address that i cud chat to them on then please feel free to give it to me so i can add them and have a chat. Im sorry but i need a bit of help to get me going, after that i will be flying with the rest of u.

ThankYou lots in advance...CaptianKW

Answers 15 Answers

Jump to latest
Jamie4590 Guest

Hi Captain. I too used to play around with FS2000 although I didn't have a clue about aviation or about the instruments. I found reading about it hughly enjoyable and now although I'm no expert I can take to the skies comfortably.

A handful of airports in FS are more detailed than others but you can get super detailed airports by getting add-on airport software. You can get all kinds of add-ons to enhace your flying experience such as scenery, airport traffic, weather, advanced ATC and a program called FSpassengers which allows you to fly a route with passengers on board. They will react to how you fly and at the end of the flight you are given marks for your performance which you can share or keep quiet depending on how you did. You can also obtain the actual routes flown by airlines and fly them yourself for added realism. These add-ons will cost you but there are all kinds of free downloads on the net too.

For better graphics you can always upgrade your system such as graphics card, RAM and processor. A flight sim with various add-ons will be more demanding on your system. I don;t have any add-ons and it shows in my graphics. Images in the screenshots section by members with all kinds of wonderful add-ons are so detailed they look real. 😉

Hey thanx!

Is there any of those cool downloads you talk about on this website or not really? That FSpassenger sounds fun. All i want really is just something to make my experience as real as possible, like the members where there screenies look so unbelievably real! i dont think my PC is too shody so shud do a nice job its just finding all the add ons i guess! Is that bit where all the trucks go round ur plane an addon? with the gate etc?

thanks for ur help buddy

Jamie4590 Guest

From what I've heard the downloads on this site arn't great. There are other sites where the downloads are much better and more exaustive. Installing them can be quite technical though.

how do u mean techincal and do u have any other websites i might be able to look at?

thanx

Jamie4590 Guest

Just installing freeware can be a tricky task and then you have to configure it and hope it doesn't conflict with you system and make all kinds of horrible things happen.

Check out avsim.com as I think their library is the biggest and best. You need to join first but its all free!

sounds quite tricky and i just purchased a new computer and dont wana screw it up!! is it likely to mess it up? my bro is a whiz with computers so he might be able to help me?

Want little trucks and gates they look cool and it gives you a reason to fly to airports not just to land and thats it. wana to all the taxiing and let everyone off then fly back. so cool.

thanx will try some tonight after i learn to fly!! hehe

Pro Member Chief Captain
hinch Chief Captain

i'm going to plug my own site, but if you want to download any planes (normally the first port of call) check out my links page for the best*

* this means quality, performance...all the good stuff.

some downloads to improve scenery worldwide to be installed in this order would be

- lennart's textures: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=lennart&CatID=fs2004scen&Go=Search

- AEU7: http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=AEU7&CatID=fs2004scen&Go=Search

in my opinion (and i think many others) that is the best free combination to improve all scenery dramatically. Later on you can download specific mesh for mountains or airports where you wish to fly.

have fun!

thanx hinch,

Wud i have to do lots of technical stuff to add these into my FS2004?
I dont wana mess my computer about its only a week old, still in nappies 😀

thanx people keep the advise coming im loving it!

Jamie4590 Guest

Hinch, are there any free downloads to improve the quality of thunderstorm clouds, rain etc?

Pro Member Chief Captain
liam (Liono) Chief Captain

Jamie4590 wrote:

Hinch, are there any free downloads to improve the quality of thunderstorm clouds, rain etc?

FS Sky World <<This is similar to Flight Environment but free. I'm not to sure if theres a freeware weather engine. But if you have £$€ go for Active Sky 6

cant wait for FSX!! do either of u have MSN contacts at all so that i cud possibly use ur knowledge, wen i get in coz im actually working. HAHAHA!!!

i got my first flying lesson tonight!!

i also heard some bloke talking about he is a senoir flight person....is this an add on as well??

thanx

Jamie4590 Guest

I suggest printing off pages from:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/

so you can read them at your leisure. That site has a wealth of info that will help you in FS. The beginner tutorials and lessons in FS assume you have basic working knowledge of aviation topics such as cockpit instruments and navigation.

Liono, Thanks for the link, just what I was looking for. 😉

thanx jamie, ur a legend

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If I may, I would suggest that you start off with a small prop aircraft and work your way up.
You'll find you have more success learning that way then jumping into airliners.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

RadarMan wrote:

If I may, I would suggest that you start off with a small prop aircraft and work your way up.
You'll find you have more success learning that way then jumping into airliners.

Radar

Yes Yes Yes 👍

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...