Game keeps locking up or just slow not sure please help

Pro Member Trainee
atlantis045 Trainee

Hi I own Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and i'm having problems with it. When I run MF2004 it seems to run fast and it also locks up, and I don't know what is going on. I know its slow booting up but when I start flying it seems to be fine but after a while it locks up seconds at a time. Can any one help me out on what to do? Thanks

Pentium 4 CPU 1.80GHZ Speed 1795MHZ
Video Card NIVDA GEFORCE 2 MX Microsoft Corp.
256 MB of memory
Hope this part helps. 🙂

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Is the disk skrached?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Your CPU is below average (so is mine).
You need at least 512mb ram.
Your video card is only 64mb and integrated (built into your mother-board, that uses some of your ram (it's called shared ram) .

Go into settings, shut off (move slide to far left) shadows, water and reflections.
Turn down as much as possible, clouds, traffic and autogen.
Keep scenery at default or less.
Don't check the Anti aliasing box.

This will give you more power to fly the aircraft.
If you boost your ram and video card (a 128mb) then you will be able to run more.

Let us know how you do.

Radar

atlantis045 wrote:

Hi I own Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 and i'm having problems with it. When I run MF2004 it seems to run fast and it also locks up, and I don't know what is going on. I know its slow booting up but when I start flying it seems to be fine but after a while it locks up seconds at a time. Can any one help me out on what to do? Thanks

Pentium 4 CPU 1.80GHZ Speed 1795MHZ
Video Card NIVDA GEFORCE 2 MX Microsoft Corp.
256 MB of memory
Hope this part helps. 🙂

I have the same problem the game just cuts off now and then, i also run geforce2, when it does faulter a message pops up stating a fault with geforce 2, i might get a better card fitted as it also does it on non fs games.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Guest,
Try different drivers, maybe a little older, if that won't work then a new card is in your future.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

NEVER AGAIN BUY AN INTERLACED SYSTEM!
the video uses your system RAM which is really bad for 2 reasons.

1. Video Ram on a serious Vid card is extremely fast compared to system ram.

2. Every page of video detracts from your available system memory. the higher the video demand, the lower the system performance.

A serious CPU/Motherboard/Video card (non interlaced) is really important to have for something like FS9. RAM is also pretty cheap now.

I reccommend spending a few nickles' http://www.pricewatch.com/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...