After burners / Reheat

Pro Member Trainee
ad123456789 Trainee

Ok, im pretty sure Im doing something stupid.....

I really CANNOT get afterburners/reheat to turn on, on any aircraft (FS2004), Ive downloaded quite a few military jets, some of which even state in the description that it should work..... I see SHIFT + F4 is the standard key, but this has no effect, what am I doing wrong
??

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
ad123456789 Trainee

Please help... Rolling down the runway in an F18 with not all that much acceleration is very frustrating... any ideas?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If you put the effects that came with the aircraft into the main effects folder they should work.
Is it a 2004 model and try the "/" key.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ad123456789 Trainee

no change, I have put the effects things in the folder still nothing happens..... Its odd, I feel like im not doing something obvious

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I know just what you mean.
If you can give us the name, zip and where you downloaded it maybe we can take a look.
It's difficult guessing.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
ad123456789 Trainee

Mainly

dsb_tornadogr4_32.zip

downloaded from this site...

I got the tomcat working,It works fine with the afterburners kicking in at full throttle (No other command required), unless you crash once or reset the flight.... from then on the afterburners only come on when the aircraft lights are on, turn the lights off and the flames dissapear too...!!!!! CRAZY

Im gettinng the impression that afterburner effects arent a priority when it comes to doing a new model!!!! Wink

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

There isn't much you can do with that. Dont Know
Be happy that it works, many of them don't.
Something I learned long ago, never forget the price, the designer gave it to us and didn't charge.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

If this helps, fine. I may be off base BUT!!!! Several aircraft that I have that have burners, I have to add some things.

READ the aircraft cfg and panel cfg instructions concerning VC gauges. If the VC lines are not intact, the burners won't work!!!!!!!!

REMEMBER!!!! If your installation is automatic AND/OR you do not know how to/want to alter the cfg files, disregard this reply. 😉

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

I just re-read your post. I see where you are refering to 'lights'.

The burners work by 'light' commands. It is just the way it is!!!!!! I can help you get flying if you want. BUT!!!!! It entails dealing with reading/altering the aircraft and panel cfg files. 😳

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...