After burners

Pro Member Trainee
scootnben Trainee

I don't know how to get the afterburners to work on my F-16, F-22, F-14, or F-18. Can you help me?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Tailhook Chief Captain

scootnben wrote:

I don't know how to get the afterburners to work on my F-16, F-22, F-14, or F-18. Can you help me?

There are quite a few of those fighter jets that haven't got a working afterburner - an oversight perhaps.

To have a working AB in the a/c there must be an entry in the aircraft.cfg like this: afterburner_available=1
You still won't have the AB though if the actual AB effect is not inside the fs9/effects folder.

I can't tell you what filename to look for in the effects folder because most a/c with an AB have their own effect with an individual name.

If you're not sure whether your a/c actually has an AB or whether you just don't know how to activate it, you must read all the documentation that is included in the download. If there is an AB, I bet the author will mention it.

BTW, most working ABs don't have to be activated - if everything is installed the way it should be, the AB springs into action when you hit the accelerator. At altitude, you'll notice the AB turning off when you decrease the throttle.

Pro Member Trainee
RHIJN Trainee

if u want to light after burners just press 😀 L 😀

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...