For those of you looking for a few extra fps...

Pro Member Captain
John Hodges (originalgrunge) Captain

Try "compressing" the FS folder. It seems counter intuitive to compress a folder that you always use, but it actually does work. I've seen this in several forums and it truly does work. I went from running normal planes at about 17-26 fps, down to 9-15 in high traffic, up to 20-30 and 15-25 respectively.

In Windows XP, browse through my computer for the FS9 main folder. Right click on it, and go to properties. On the first tab there is an "advanced button" click on this, and check the box marked "compress folder". Hit OK, and then "APPLY". This can take between 1 to 2 hours, so be patient. Once it's done, you'll have your simple solution, without sacrificing load time.

Answers 8 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Are you able to add stuff and modify it without de-compression?

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Are you able to add stuff and modify it without de-compression?

Compression is "on-the-fly" and only works with Windows 2000 and Windows XP installations on NTFS file systems, it does not work with the FAT32 architecture.

Pro Member Chief Captain

Ok, thanks Flyaway!

Pro Member Site Admin

Hehe... Keine Lust. Btw, it's amazing live 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain

DO THEY WEAR FAT SUITS?????

AND-Is it true that "Flake" comes flaming out of a big pot during Mein Teil?

Pro Member Site Admin

They dont wear the super-size suits for Keine Lust live. During Mein Teil, Flake is hiding behind a stage prop, where Till is dressed as the Metzgermeister (master butcher) with knive and butcher costume coated in blood. During the song, Till gets hold of a flamethrower and blasts Flake a few times, who then ducks back behind the prop.

FEM, have you seen Live Aus Berlin? Well, if you remember Flake crowdsurfs in the rubber dinghy - Oliver does the exact same thing in the recent gigs, when we were there, he passed directly over my head 😂

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

--Anybody remember that 747 that KISS leased and had painted w/ their logo in the 70's??? --Yeeehaww!

Pro Member Chief Captain

Wow man, I wanna go see it really bad...do you know where i could maybe get a film of their Reise Reise concert?

I own Live Aus Berlin actually, it's so awesome!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...