visual flight london

Pro Member Trainee
john (merlinflyer_1) Trainee

i have installed the vf london and iwhen i fly towards the new scenery it makes the game stagger which is playing havoc with my eyes.
i have increased the refresh rate and still it is doing this
any ideas 😳

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

By stagger do you mean it's shimmering (like heat waves) it acts like a slide show, stuttering.

Hit shift+Z two or three times and tell us what your FPS reading is.

You are in a graphic intensive area and your video card can't handle it so the FPS goes down and looks bad. Just a guess.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

it says locked at 41 fps
and i have turned off all the special fx and traffic
gfx is radeon 9800pro 256mb

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

It's locked at 41 but what are you getting. If you are getting under 25 at the airport that's why the problem.

How much ram do you have, the more you have the faster the textures render.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee

at the airport it is 41
when i fly or approach the area of scenery it reads frames/sec= 08.1
i have 1gb ram

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Since it's under 25-27 your getting stutters because the video card can't handle all the scenery.
You can turn down the scenery slider but then it won't look like what you paid for.

I sacrifice FPS and get stuttering so the scenery looks good, and when I leave the area the FPS goes back up.

Your choice.

Turn down your clouds and turn off shadows and see if that helps.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

does it not state on thier website that you need VFR scenery installed prior to installing Visual Flight London?

I may be wrong im not sure?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...