INSTALL

Pro Member Trainee
ronmac Trainee

I need some help with installing new planes. I can get every thing done I unzip the folder and read the read me file I do just what it tells me to do when I put the files in the fs9 folder I check them and they all are there but when I go to the main Flight Simulator program and I open it I go to the aircraft window and open the plane window and what I down loaded is not there. Please tell me what I am doing wrong

RonMac

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Insight Chief Captain

are you unzipping the folder of the add-on aircraft into your fs9\Aircraft folder ?

For example you are adding a Spitfire with the folder name "SpitfireMkV".

You extract this folder so that in your aircraft folder you will have something like C:\FS9\Aircraft\SpitfireMkV

Once you have done this it should work ok.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

ronmac wrote:

I need some help with installing new planes. I can get every thing done I unzip the folder and read the read me file I do just what it tells me to do when I put the files in the fs9 folder I check them and they all are there but when I go to the main Flight Simulator program and I open it I go to the aircraft window and open the plane window and what I down loaded is not there. Please tell me what I am doing wrong

RonMac

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

Pro Member Trainee
Alois Norbert Forrer (fonopal) Trainee

ronmac wrote:

Hi Ron.
You know sometimes you'll have to paste the content of the file and not the whole file .Make sure you are reading the read me folder carefully.
Above all you have to make sure you'll paste the files in the apropriate
folders. The folder it should go in to is as follows:
C:/Microsoft/Microsoft games/Flight simulator FS9/aircraft.
C:/ is the assumption you save the files there!!!! naturally.
Have fun
fonopal
RonMac

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...