Flyaway Gallery

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Hi folks, ive submitted quite a few "Impressive" screenshots to the flyaway gallery but none of them have been displayed Crying or Very sad

I know there is some serious competition with 99% of the images uploaded being excellent but one or two of them havent been as good as the ones ive done, is it quite difficult to get them shown?

Answers 14 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

I think I know who you are.... are you the guy who submits them as BMP? 😂

We don't accept BMP files, the server can't generate thumbnails and the filesizes are way to large.

If you can re-upload all of your images as JPEG, I'd be more than happy to add them 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Ive just had another go @ uploading a screenshot, fingers crossed......

i made sure it was in jpeg format this time 😂

Pro Member Site Admin

https://flyawaysimulation.com/images/10/microsoft-flight-simulator-2004/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member Site Admin

Nice graphics, are you using this addon:

https://flyawaysimulation.com/news/549/

Last edited by Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) on Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total
Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Whayhay!!!! I got a screenshot posted!!! Cheers flyaway you made my day, and sorry for being a "muppet" and sending them in Bitmap format!

Group Wave

I may even go and wake my wife up to show her 😂

Pro Member Site Admin

Hehe, no problem - submit as many as you like now - just keep them as Jpg! 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

Yes and its a great addon, i especially like the Airport firefighters training!!

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

I love the Gallery, i check it out every morning @ 6:30am before I go to work it is definately one of the best attractions to this site,

keep up the great work 👏

Pro Member Trainee
ad123456789 Trainee

I have also been trying to submit some pretty cool f14 shots but they just dont appear, my learjet over gibralter one is the only one that has worked, and the files are the same type/size....? so whats wrong with the tomcat ones?

😞 😞 😞

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I've looked through your screenshots, they look nice. Nothing too gee-whiz, the aircraft is nice however.

Before you take the screenshot, turn up the thing called Anti-Alaising.

With this on, the jaggeys all but dissapear.

The rest is up to the video card.

Pro Member First Officer
sonicninja First Officer

cant find that setting on my ATI Radeon 9550 256mb card??????

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I'm not sure about that card, I've got the X800XT Platinum, and it uses those Catalyst drivers. Does your card use those? If it does, right click on the desktop, then go to properties, then settings, then advanced then 3D. Change the Anti Alaising as high as it will go, and make sure to force it on for all games.

If you do that, you dont need to turn it on in FS9.

Pro Member Trainee
ad123456789 Trainee

ok fingers crossed, ive tried the tomcat one again.....

😕 😕 😕

Pro Member First Officer
George (OrlandoGeorge) First Officer

Looks like it's a Delta day in this thread? -Yes, the better screenshots will make it to the Fly Away image album.
Redundant ones usually go by ye olde wayside. I tried posting these two before but they didn't make it either.
Sonic, if your shots don't make it for some reason, don't take it personally as there may be good reasons.
That said, I am sure it is okay to attempt posting anything that you think is worthy of others seeing!
-I look forward to seeing more of your screenshots.
That one of the RAF Tornado is cool. 🙂

^Delta zooming out of Salt Lake City, UT.

^Delta landing in Rio Grande Valley. Harlingen, TX.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...