Real World Weather Problem

Pro Member Trainee
LtGrk Trainee

Hi,

I am having a problem with my real world weather options for the FS2004.
Everytime the sim tries to get the weather it gives me an error

"an error occured while downloading the Real World Weather. Please check your internet connection and configuration and try again"

I went on the microsoft support page and really the only solution they had was to disable the firewall and pop up software. Which I dont have running in the background. The option worked when I installed the sim, but after I put a few mods on the sim it seems to have a problem. I put mostly addon plane mods, but I also put in a few addon sceneries. Anyone know how to fix this problem. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers 16 Answers

Jump to latest
Wile E Coyote Guest

It sounds like a connection problem.
Check and verify that your Internet connection works properly.

Pro Member Trainee
LtGrk Trainee

It works properly

Pro Member First Officer
coolsan First Officer

I have the same problem sometimes.
My connection is perfect but some how FS9 doesn't detect it. What I do is re connect and try the download again.

coolsan wrote:

I have the same problem sometimes.
My connection is perfect but some how FS9 doesn't detect it. What I do is re connect and try the download again.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain
spuddi Guest

i find that if the sim is started before the internet connection is up then it often doesn't connect.
Try dialing in to the ISP/Connecting your adsl before you lauuch the sim.

LtGrk wrote:

Hi,

I am having a problem with my real world weather options for the FS2004.
Everytime the sim tries to get the weather it gives me an error

"an error occured while downloading the Real World Weather. Please check your internet connection and configuration and try again"

I went on the microsoft support page and really the only solution they had was to disable the firewall and pop up software. Which I dont have running in the background. The option worked when I installed the sim, but after I put a few mods on the sim it seems to have a problem. I put mostly addon plane mods, but I also put in a few addon sceneries. Anyone know how to fix this problem. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

check your internet connetion anyways. I had the same problem but it ended up to be my connection. Disconnect it and then reconnect it.

Pro Member Trainee
musialman Trainee

Check your Internet connection
To check your connection to the Internet and to the Real-World Weather servers, follow these steps:
1. Start Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2. Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://fs2k.zone.com
3. If you can connect to the Web site and view the Web site content, the weather servers are operational.

jpcheva Guest

Could anybody solve this problem?

Pro Member First Officer
michlin First Officer

Microsoft it seems changed to a new IP address for its FS weather service. I found out recently when my firewall force me to create a new rule when trying to get a weather update. The new address is: IP 207.68.189.96 = [ fs2k.zone.com ]

If you are using a firewall such as ZoneAlarm you may want to delete that rule for FS9 and let ZA recreate a new one. I am not sure on this because I do not use ZA.

Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

Are you trying to use real world weather on a flight that you saved and then later went to select a flight to fly that saved flight?

jpcheva Guest

I`m trying to creat a new flight. It seems that I can`t connect FS to Internet although the connections works ok even when I contact de zone.com from FS.
Is there a config program of FS9 I have to change?
Where do I chang the IP?
Thanks. I`m a newbee

jpcheva Guest

I could finally solve it by changing de IP with FS9 configurator.
Thanks.

TerranceW Guest

I found out that the error is within the downloads.. I disabled all add-ons.. removed fs2004 off the computer.. then reinstall again.. there's a hidden file connected to the internet.. blocking some files within fs2004.. I found this because of the error of fs2004 not working at all.. googled it.. got the remedy.. now fs2004 works without using the CD (4)..

Ketan Guest

Sir, I am facing a same problem( check your internet connection and configuration and try again). Is there any solution for this? How to connect my pc with fs2004?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...