Charging for my AIRPLANES

Albert Fuentes Guest

Hi, why???? I found that at this site you must pay to download files. Incredible, there are million of other site that do not charge!!!!!!!!!!!, such us SURCLARO. And what this site says about membership at Surclaro is real, they charge 18 Dolars a year, BUT YOU CAN DOWNLOAD FOR FREEEE!!!!!.

And of course, when the webmaster see this his is going to delete it enmediatly, becuase what I am saying is true.

Kind Regards

Albert Fuentes

Answers 22 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
steves542 Trainee

Here is the best thing about living in a free society Albert - if you don't want to pay, go somewhere else. No hard feelings, no crying and no loss to anyone. When the virus hits you or God knows what else from a file you found free, we'll still be here.

Good Luck 😀

Pro Member First Officer
patw First Officer

I don't see what all the fuss is about, if you don't want to pay to join then don't. I joined because I wanted the no CD application and now I have it, it will also save my the task of having FS2004 CD in my cd rom and now it is in a safe place. So if you guys dont want to pay to join this site then don't and stop complaining !

Pro Member Trainee
X-RAY Trainee

I dont have to pay to download!

Pro Member Trainee
wlgary Trainee

I think someone is just trying to push that FREE? site that cost $18 per year.

Am I missing something here?

w

Darkman... Guest

Yes you are missing something. Surclaro's downloads are free just the same as Avsim and many others. If you want to kick it up a notch you can pay the membership fees...or stay where you are and get it all for free. They don't charge 'access' fees to run the site. And I doubt the above sites are having tons of problems with viruses and whatnot as they are still around and growing bigger and bigger everyday.

Lifetime memberships at Surclaro, Avsim and others is free.

Dman

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

I like it because you don't have a bunch of random people with stupid things to say on the forums.

When people come to a website and see you have to pay a membership, most people will leave. It is the people that pay and are dedicated that make this forum what it is.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Ok, here's the patented FEM-Tripping-On-Vicadin-Analagy.

Agus0404 and FEM are both cool guys. They are trolling the town searching for hotties. They pick up Al. FEM and Agus decide to head to the local club where you have to pay, but there's bouncers, and guards to make sure everything is safe. Al debarks halfway to a grummy old hotel, upon entering, he is hijacked, beaten and left bleeding in an alley, with more than one disease. FEM and Agus pick up at least 12 hotties, due to how slick they both are, and ride off into the sunset.

It get's no more clear than that.

@FL050 - Well most forums are free so the door is always open to idiots no matter what you do. Its up to the moderators to take care of the idiots. Why pay to use a forum?

@FEM - Just so we are clear on your analogy...are you saying that free sites like I mentioned are where the 'Cyberthugs' will lay the boots to you and paid sites won't? Geez...Avsim and others that are free would sure love to be lumped into that group! Paid or not, site security is the job of Admin/Mods. I've been to pay-per-use sites and they have the same problems that high-class freeware sites have. How's this for an analogy:

Avsim offers tons of dowloads for free. A huge majority of the time you will get a clean dowload at some pretty decent transfer rates. Very little virus problems, copyright infringments or corrupted files. All free. Lots of sites out there like that. Some aren't so good and that is why they aren't very popular or in the top rungs of the FS community. I don't think sites like Avsim and others work in your analogy there...

Dman

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

I enjoy the forums here. I also downloaded the files. It's alright here.

Pro Member First Officer

@FL050 - Well most forums are free so the door is always open to idiots no matter what you do. Its up to the moderators to take care of the idiots. Why pay to use a forum?

Yes, but considering this is an aviation board, most people are willing to pay to have a more advanced group of individuals to talk to, rather than have random people coming in and spamming the boards with stuff that has no relevance.

I do agree moderators should take care of stuff on boards, but moderators can only do so much. I am a moderator on the IGN (gaming) boards and there are stupid people all over the place because its a gaming board and its free. I am sent Private Messages all the time on the board because someone said a racial or hurtful in his post. Now considering how big it is, there are only a handful of moderators assigned to certain boards, and who is to say how active those moderators are.

There are 2 moderators for Flyawaysimulation.com, and I have never had someone get in trouble from a mod.

The point is that there is a more level of professionalism when you have to pay to use features because most people shy away from having to pay for stuff when you can download it somewhere else, and since people are cheap and don't like to pay for stuff, they will automatically leave a website that says you have to have a membership/pay to download their stuff.

Pro Member First Officer
Steve (megafoot) First Officer

I was happy to pay to help out the site.

FL050 hit the nail on the head. I cant stand most things that are open to the general public. They usually get ruined pretty quicky. I like to thin the group down to just the people who are genuinely interested in the subject.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Chris102 Chief Captain

The people are so nice here. It's well worth $5. I even got my own forums here - I don't think I'd get that at Avsim, Surclaro, or a free website.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Manuel Agustin Clausse (Agus0404) Chief Captain

I am a member of the Project Open Sky, IFDG, Flying Tigers Group, Avsim, and of course Fly Away Simulation. All of those webites are free, except Fly Away Simulation. I've posted many posts in different forums(free) and to tell you the truth, Dman, the people are not that helpful. When I ask something that was already asked before they say "Go and do a search for it. It was already asked" Sometimes, they answer my question but when I still have some questions, they disappear, and so I can't get help with my questions. That happened to me many times.
The Flying Tigers Groups is my VA forum. It's a great forum with nice people, but they want us to look for the question instead of writing a post again and ask the same question that was asked weeks ago. They have moderators too (too many) and it's annoying when they "delete" my posts because I put it in the wrong forum or the questions was asked before. Why can't they just answer it? Anyway, I used to do that like a year ago. Now I'm 18 and I know how to behave in a formal way.

This website, Fly Away Simulation, is my favorite of all. I can make friends, talk to people around the world, learn, and everything I want. The people here are much nicer that the people in the other forums.
I sincerely like this website and I don't have any problem if I have to pay again for my membership. I'll do it, because I know the people are here to help and so I am.

Agus0404 and FEM are both cool guys. They are trolling the town searching for hotties. They pick up Al. FEM and Agus decide to head to the local club where you have to pay, but there's bouncers, and guards to make sure everything is safe. Al debarks halfway to a grummy old hotel, upon entering, he is hijacked, beaten and left bleeding in an alley, with more than one disease. FEM and Agus pick up at least 12 hotties, due to how slick they both are, and ride off into the sunset.

It get's no more clear than that.

I agree with you, my friend. Nice analagy 😉 And thank you.

The two moderators that Fly Away Simulation have are enough for this website. There re a lot of memebers here and the moderators always try to keep this webiste safe.
How many times did RadarMan post the Forum Rules because of some guy who wasn't obeying them? Lots of times, I can remember.

Dman, if you don't want to join the site, that's fine. You can be a guest and you don't have to pay anything for being a guest. You can participate in the forums as many times as you want. So don't start compleaning.

And come on, $5 to join this webiste is enough. I could have payed more to join.

So if this website charges $5 for good service...then a site that charges $10 or $18 would be better going by your comments and thought process?? Value is in the service, not in the amount charged from what I've learned and as many here have iterated. Glad you guys got happy customers, but that doesn't mean you should knock other sites for charging more or less. There are free sites out there that provide more than Fly Away does and they don't diss Fly Away for it. it's a big world.

I won't be joining this site as I'm a member at many other's (some paid for and some free) so I have a pretty good handle on what is good and what is not. I'm not complaining...don't know where you got that from. What I questioned was another members comments that membership at Surclaro is costly. A grossly inaccurate statement. At Surclaro/Avsim you can get it all for free where most sites charge fees for simply downloading a freeware product (here). There are some addon Developers out there that don't appreciate that and are actively pursuing these sites to stop such practise. I mean, charge for the forum, or a special part of the forum or news or something. Locking out the products to me seems a bit harsh as they are available for free at many other sites that are legitimate. I'm talking about downloads, not forums in this respect.

Did you try to get your own forum at the other sites you mentioned Chris102? Is it in keeping with their theme, service and level of quality? They probably refused you due to the simple fact that if they let you do it, then they have to let others do it. Not due to your content or quality I bet. You could easily start up your own forum if you got the cash and contacts. Or, as you have done, join an existing one.

Dman

Homo Sapiens Guest

[quote="FL050"]

The point is that there is a more level of professionalism when you have to pay to use features because most people shy away from having to pay for stuff when you can download it somewhere else, and since people are cheap and don't like to pay for stuff, they will automatically leave a website that says you have to have a membership/pay to download their stuff.

Your idea that payment of features results in "a more level of professionalism" has absolutely no foundation. If this comes as a surprise, then all you have to do is read the posts here with a degree of thoroughness. A good start would be to read your own which in most cases are irrelevant to the topic in discussion.

Your notion that ...people are "cheap" because they decide not to pay for certain offerings available... is simply outrageous and offensive.
Has it occured to you, that Microsoft has understood many years ago,that to limit their sales to the U.S. would be a very unwise bussiness decision? As a result Microsoft products, including MSFS are available worldwide. It might be news to you personally but the worldmarket is more lucrative than restricting sales solely to the U.S..

Now here is the tricky part that you are obviously struggling with:
Though Microsoft products, computers and most new technological gadgets are available around the globe, to most inhabitants of this diverse world of ours, the U.S.A. is not regarded to be the best country in the world that has all the answers, plus the inhabitants of the threehundred or so countries do not think they are living in the "rest of the world".

People who live in countries where the annual income per capita is less and who cannot afford airconditioning, cable TV and a diet of takeout may have less money to spend lightly [without thinking before spending it], that however does not mean that they are "cheap".
In many countries internet banking, telephone banking and various other ways of payment that the "developed" world takes for granted is still very unsafe and therefore foolish to even consider.

In order for you, FL050 to understand this, unwrap yourself from the flag, move to a foreign country, learn the language and using that newly acquired skill fend for yourself in a decent way - without allowances from Dad and without resorting to crime. Learn how to survive like the vast majority of mankind has to on a daily basis.

A final piece of advice, lose some of your arrogance ❗

Homo Sapiens

Pro Member First Officer

[quote="Homo Sapiens"]

FL050 wrote:

Your idea that payment of features results in "a more level of professionalism" has absolutely no foundation. If this comes as a surprise, then all you have to do is read the posts here with a degree of thoroughness. A good start would be to read your own which in most cases are irrelevant to the topic in discussion.

Your notion that ...people are "cheap" because they decide not to pay for certain offerings available... is simply outrageous and offensive.
Has it occured to you, that Microsoft has understood many years ago,that to limit their sales to the U.S. would be a very unwise bussiness decision? As a result Microsoft products, including MSFS are available worldwide. It might be news to you personally but the worldmarket is more lucrative than restricting sales solely to the U.S..

Now here is the tricky part that you are obviously struggling with:
Though Microsoft products, computers and most new technological gadgets are available around the globe, to most inhabitants of this diverse world of ours, the U.S.A. is not regarded to be the best country in the world that has all the answers, plus the inhabitants of the threehundred or so countries do not think they are living in the "rest of the world".

People who live in countries where the annual income per capita is less and who cannot afford airconditioning, cable TV and a diet of takeout may have less money to spend lightly [without thinking before spending it], that however does not mean that they are "cheap".
In many countries internet banking, telephone banking and various other ways of payment that the "developed" world takes for granted is still very unsafe and therefore foolish to even consider.

In order for you, FL050 to understand this, unwrap yourself from the flag, move to a foreign country, learn the language and using that newly acquired skill fend for yourself in a decent way - without allowances from Dad and without resorting to crime. Learn how to survive like the vast majority of mankind has to on a daily basis.

A final piece of advice, lose some of your arrogance ❗

Homo Sapiens

Since you seem to keep reframing to this thread in your posts, I will address your topic since you are so avid in getting an answer.

Your idea that payment of features results in "a more level of professionalism" has absolutely no foundation. Your notion that ...people are "cheap" because they decide not to pay for certain offerings available... is simply outrageous and offensive.

Do you live in America? If you did you would realize this is simple fact. People don't want to have to pay for anything if they can get it for free. Hence, this would cause people that see they have to pay to use a service to shy away from it. People, that I have seen, would simply take the easy road over the high ride. I have worked since I was 10 years old for money and have always had a job, so how can you sit there and make all these assumptions about me when you have absolutely no idea what you are referring to?

I am not talking about the entire world when I say this. It is simple fact that people would rather have something for free than pay for a service; if you do not realize this than you are failing to see the true reality whether you want to admit it or not.

It is also quite funny that you are always posting on this forum and you yourself are not a member. $5 to become a member with all the downloads you want, yet you are sitting here arguing how cheap people are NOT when you are not paying for it when it is only $5.

And is the type of discuss you pay $5 to be part of?

Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

G'day kids,

Some people have been eating too much Red Meat and need to get onto GOOGLE and search on "The Mindfulness Of Breathing".... See what it says and use it to stay calm.

Anyhoo (I'm not from New York but I enjoy saying Anyhoo), I respect both arguments but what I really can't understand is how the discussion started because we're hardly talking about a tax here, or some other form of mandatory COST in life, such as Car Insurance.

There is a total choice here, those who are in the "why pay" camp have the choice of doing one of three things :-

- Think "I ain't going to pay for this cos I don't think it's worth it", and not come back.

- Think "I ain't going to pay for this cos I don't think it's worth it", and continue to come back as a Guest, to learn from the people here and enjoy the crack... (friendly discussion).

- Think "Yes, this is a community I like and want to join", subscribe and stay around.

So regardless of the social and geo-political factors around the ability to afford the $5 subscription, there is a choice..... there is a choice !

Homo Sapiens - I think your posting was incredibly harsh towards FL050, you took one small point and made a lot of prejudices and assumptions.

You took a stance of "The US is so prejudiced and biggoted" but the irony is that your attack was actually really prejudiced against all the DECENT American people in the world who aren't biggoted and who don't believe their country is superior.

Believe me, I'm no fan of the Biggot or the Macho Uncle Sam types in the world but the people on this site just aren't about that.

Anyway, to all those who think that all of us subscribed members are fools for paying $5 perhaps you're right - or perhaps you're really missing the point.

As ever, live and let live and thank you for an interesting topic. 😉

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

I like what you say Kid.
As you know I have travelled the world - seen the best and the worst of people. The bigots have my sympathy but not my support - with their way of life, they spread illogical hatred because people are different from them, while a better outlook is to regard us all as 'Spud Tamsons bairns' (old Scottish saw).

You guys do have random people here, and they do post stupid things. You guys think you know so much about aviation, yet most of you know next to nothing.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

Oh Lord, wow, Thank you for showing me that there are dipshits in the world. I've remained out of this untill now, but I never let a chance to point out a dumbass slip by me.

Detective Dipshit, prove to me, that most of us know "next to nothing" Many of us here are real-world pilots, others who are not, know very much about what we do.

I propose a test to Dumbass, you try and stump us with your Oh-So-Amazing aviation knowlege, then we'll see who's the dumbass? Eh, what do you think about that? Ah well, he's probably off to play Pokemon or speak klingon with the rest of his "people".

Is this harsh? Yes? Damn Skippy it's harsh. I'm not about to let some weirdo attempt to insult us and get away with it

Pro Member First Officer

Fire_Emblem_Master wrote:

Oh Lord, wow, Thank you for showing me that there are dipshits in the world. I've remained out of this untill now, but I never let a chance to point out a dumbass slip by me.

Detective Dipshit, prove to me, that most of us know "next to nothing" Many of us here are real-world pilots, others who are not, know very much about what we do.

I propose a test to Dumbass, you try and stump us with your Oh-So-Amazing aviation knowlege, then we'll see who's the dumbass? Eh, what do you think about that? Ah well, he's probably off to play Pokemon or speak klingon with the rest of his "people".

Is this harsh? Yes? Damn Skippy it's harsh. I'm not about to let some weirdo attempt to insult us and get away with it

Thank you for typing what I was to lazy to type.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...