Error messages

Major Alvega Guest

Everytime I select a flight on FS2004 and tried to fly it, I get this message "Scenery read error. Attempting to open a nonexistent directory". It happens everytime it reaches 68% of scenery downloading before each flight. It happens with the original version too.

Could someone help me?
Thanks!!!

Answers 7 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😕 Have you been able to fly before? If not try a reinstall.

If you have been able to fly what have added.

Oh and are you useing Norton

Happy New Year!!!

Well, I' ve tried many diferent instalations, but the problem is always the same. It gives that message and when I start flying, many parts of the scenery are missing. I'm using Norton but I always disable it before each game.

Thanks!!!

Major Alvega Guest

Happy New Year!!!

Well, I' ve tried many diferent instalations, but the problem is always the same. It gives that message and when I start flying, many parts of the scenery are missing. I'm using Norton but I always disable it before each game.

Thanks!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If the reinstall doesn't work try downloading new drivers for your video card.
If that won't work post your computer specs and your video card type also.

Pro Member Trainee
8675 Trainee

Hey im having the same problem. i just put a post in the general section. i cant figure it out yet.

Pro Member Trainee
8675 Trainee

if you will send me your email address , i will send you 2 links that go to microsoft.

Pro Member Trainee
8675 Trainee

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...