Scared of requirements... Will my system do ?

Blurred_Vision Guest

I've found this site about 2 weeks ago and fall in love MFS 2004 !
Now I'm wishing to buy it and saving money 🙂
The thing that bothers me is the minimal system requirements 😞 ....
I dream of full detail and at least 1024/768 resolution.(and some realistic traffic...)

Is it possible with my configuration : P4 2.4 GhZ, 512 Ram, GeForce 4 (64MB), Sound Blaster Live (128 MB)
or I have to change something [and if yes 😞 ] would it be rather adding RAM or changing graphics card ?

Thank you in advance (hoping it'll work with that... 🙄 )

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Trainee
boomshiko Trainee

Blurred_Vision wrote:

I've found this site about 2 weeks ago and fall in love MFS 2004 !
Now I'm wishing to buy it and saving money 🙂
The thing that bothers me is the minimal system requirements 😞 ....
I dream of full detail and at least 1024/768 resolution.(and some realistic traffic...)

Is it possible with my configuration : P4 2.4 GhZ, 512 Ram, GeForce 4 (64MB), Sound Blaster Live (128 MB)
or I have to change something [and if yes 😞 ] would it be rather adding RAM or changing graphics card ?

Thank you in advance (hoping it'll work with that... 🙄 )

Hi there!

All in all. I don't think you'll have great problems running FS2004 on that system. It'll probably run fast without hickups, at the cost of the graphics of the scenery.

this because, you haven't got a very good graphics card.. If you want to invest money in your computer, I would start with a new graphic card...there is a site where you can see exactly what videocard works best with FS2004, but I can't help you on that... Since I can't remember what the site was called... --> Anyone else know?

But start with buying a graphicscard.....the better scenery or higher the resolution you wan't, the more the videocard will cost...

BashDaBish Guest

You are right in thinking about RAM and graphics. The RAM is adequate at 512mb but always worth getting more. The biggest issue will be the graphics card. You will need at least a 128mb graphics card to run this game half decent. A 256mb card is well recommended. Spend your money on the card.....get a 256mb Radeon or Geforce. I prefer Geforce but others rate Radeon.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Everyone gave you excellent advice.

You can get the flight sim and a rebate here.

http://www.freeafterrebate.info/index.php?topic=software

Here is the video card link, good luck and I know you'll enjoy flying!

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-09.html

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Skymuncher Trainee

Hi,

The processor is alright, 512 megs is fine, but yeah 1 gig would be better. For a graphic card, don't bother buying a 256 megs card, some are 128 and run better. I'd tell you to take a GeForce 6600GT (it is I think the best pick in upper mainstream cards at the moment)

Good luck 🙂

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...