Fly Away Simulation
Your #1 Source for Flight Simulators!

Search for Downloads

Use this form to search for downloads and addons including aircraft, scenery and more.

Search entire site

Use this form to perform a site-wide search for forum posts, news and reviews and videos.

SearchSearch 

Scared of requirements... Will my system do ?

Blurred_Vision

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:45 am 

I've found this site about 2 weeks ago and fall in love MFS 2004 !
Now I'm wishing to buy it and saving money Smile
The thing that bothers me is the minimal system requirements Sad ....
I dream of full detail and at least 1024/768 resolution.(and some realistic traffic...)

Is it possible with my configuration : P4 2.4 GhZ, 512 Ram, GeForce 4 (64MB), Sound Blaster Live (128 MB)
or I have to change something [and if yes Sad ] would it be rather adding RAM or changing graphics card ?

Thank you in advance (hoping it'll work with that... Rolling Eyes )
boomshiko
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:42 am 

Blurred_Vision wrote:
I've found this site about 2 weeks ago and fall in love MFS 2004 !
Now I'm wishing to buy it and saving money Smile
The thing that bothers me is the minimal system requirements Sad ....
I dream of full detail and at least 1024/768 resolution.(and some realistic traffic...)

Is it possible with my configuration : P4 2.4 GhZ, 512 Ram, GeForce 4 (64MB), Sound Blaster Live (128 MB)
or I have to change something [and if yes Sad ] would it be rather adding RAM or changing graphics card ?

Thank you in advance (hoping it'll work with that... Rolling Eyes )

Hi there!

All in all. I don't think you'll have great problems running FS2004 on that system. It'll probably run fast without hickups, at the cost of the graphics of the scenery.

this because, you haven't got a very good graphics card.. If you want to invest money in your computer, I would start with a new graphic card...there is a site where you can see exactly what videocard works best with FS2004, but I can't help you on that... Since I can't remember what the site was called... --> Anyone else know?

But start with buying a graphicscard.....the better scenery or higher the resolution you wan't, the more the videocard will cost...
BashDaBish

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 9:48 am 

You are right in thinking about RAM and graphics. The RAM is adequate at 512mb but always worth getting more. The biggest issue will be the graphics card. You will need at least a 128mb graphics card to run this game half decent. A 256mb card is well recommended. Spend your money on the card.....get a 256mb Radeon or Geforce. I prefer Geforce but others rate Radeon.
RadarMan
Chief Captain
Chief Captain

Pro Member

Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 6:04 pm 

Everyone gave you excellent advice.

You can get the flight sim and a rebate here.

http://www.freeafterrebate.info/index.php?topic=software

Here is the video card link, good luck and I know you'll enjoy flying!

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20041004/vga_charts-09.html

Radar

Skymuncher
Trainee
Trainee

Pro Member

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 12:05 am 

Hi,

The processor is alright, 512 megs is fine, but yeah 1 gig would be better. For a graphic card, don't bother buying a 256 megs card, some are 128 and run better. I'd tell you to take a GeForce 6600GT (it is I think the best pick in upper mainstream cards at the moment)

Good luck Smile