FS2006 When?

robbier Guest

I was wondering, does anyone have any information on FS2006?

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

Nope, as of yet, MS have not released any info Dont Know . It will probably be released around the beginning of Autumn.

robbier Guest

Thanls for ckecking!
Keep me updated on FS2006 info, as I am VERY Anxious for any info on FS2006 to come out!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
Alex (Fire_Emblem_Master) Chief Captain

I'm sure we all are. What I want to know is, if you spent a ton of cash on add-ons for FS9. ( I have been lucky to recieve payware add-ons from a few people, one from a member of flyaway as well, so i guess it'd be OK). Won't you just have to start buying all over again?

I was NOT bragging about recieveing those gifts, and i am still thanking those friends. I used that as my reasoning about FS9, however, the main reason i'm definately going to wait, is because of my TQ-6 from GoFlight. I can't fly without that now. (that is NOT a joke, I seriously can't fly with a joystick throttle)

TheT Guest

In Autumn FS2006 will be released, like all other FS's (except FS2004, it was released in Summer, which was a crap idea). I guess the first Informations about FS2006 will come either this or next month!

Pro Member Trainee
Skymuncher Trainee

The T: Where did you get that from ❓ I am just curious 😛

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😀 Loads of rumors 😀

From a Vatsim forum(make of it what you will)

I have a friend that works for Microsoft,and have some inside info on the new FS10,it will not be release untill around Feb/March next year,so we still have just under 1year to wait.The new version will basicly the same as FS9,the only diffrance is more realistic autogen trees,buildings,and alot more realistic mountains,they will nolonger look like big hills.also more realistic weather enviroment,what will impress me the most is if the area you are landing or taking off from is raining,you will get spray coming from wheels and engines depending on your speed on the ground or engine thrust.you will also have the effects of not as much control on the runway if the runway is very wet or snow on it.That is all my friend told me about FS10,they had been thinking about adding birds at low alt,but decided not too,becouse of frame rate problems. Also good news is you will not need to upgrade your computer to run FS10,all you will need is a good graphics card around 128 mb or more graphic card.
I hope that has wet your tast buds alittle
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I have seen somewhere that fs10 will not be released untill late 2006 or early 2007 and will be
based on and around the new version of windows 64bit(this also means that any addons for fs9 will not work in fs10)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If that ones true then most of us are going to need to spend some cash and lots of it.New O/S new mobo,new gfx,new cpu Censored Just get a new PC

Also,did the release the fs9 patch put fs10 back(or was it part of fs10 and someone tried it on fs9)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I remember 2004 being released saying that there was no need to upgrade your PC Ermm...

My thoughts,well my mate,who is a beta tester said................................................................................................................................ Dont Know

But I hope we hear something soon

TheT Guest

Skymuncher wrote:

The T: Where did you get that from ❓ I am just curious 😛

I remember the last few FS's had been released in autumn (exept FS2004 for some odd reason).

I don't think it will be released next year (unless they are rewriting the whole engine, which would be pretty useful). You also have to remember that FS2004 was released in Summer 2003, which is almost 2 years now, and MS will probably not need over 2 1/2 Years to put in "some new features". Most of their new features just lag the hell out of you anyways. Like I said before, it would be way BETTER if they would take some more time to write a whole new engine, and INCREASE the realism of FS, instead of putting in stupid graphic effects that only work for 10% of all people who own FS (because of the Hardware that is needed). Unfortunately not everyone has hundreds of dollars to buy a Highend Computer.

FS2004 was a big Disappointment, and I really hope that FS2006 will be better, but for some reason I think that it could get even worse.

(Remember, this is my opinion so theres no need in flaming me now).

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

tomthetank wrote:

Also good news is you will not need to upgrade your computer to run FS10,all you will need is a good graphics card around 128 mb or more graphic card.

I wouldn't call a 128Mb graphics card good - it is decidedly mid-range these days. In a year they'll be a pretty rare sight on the shelves. 256 will become the norm very quickly (if it isn't already) and bigger won't be far away.

In fact, a 128Mb card is probably the bare minimum for FS2004 anyway, let alone with more bells & whistles in the next release.

Dave

Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Meh.. I don't plan on getting FS10 when it comes out either, for a while. FS9 has so many add-ons and graphic updates that a new FS10 will not surpass all the add-ons and accessories that are currently available for FS9.

Pro Member Trainee
Skymuncher Trainee

Some 128 megs graphic cards are way better than some 256 megs... The 128 meg GeForce 6600GT blows up the 256 megs Radeon 9600 Pro in terms of performances 😀 And in FS the Graphic card is not as important as the processor and the RAM anyway

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

I know what you're saying, but if you compare the SAME card generally the 256Mb one is quicker. It is unfair to compare different cards.

Vulture1 Guest

The 128 meg GeForce 6600GT blows up the 256 megs Radeon 9600 Pro in terms of performances And in FS the Graphic card is not as important as the processor and the RAM anyway

Personally, I am a firm believer in the GeForce's being pieces of crap that die in a few years. Radeon's overrule GeForce Hands Down... Please do more research before posting your worthless opinions...

757-200P.I.C Guest

I agree COMPLETELY! GeForce have many problems with their long-term lifespans. Even after only 9 months.. The fan in my Geforce Burned out & Burned up the card.. PIECE OF CRAP! Stick with the Radeons & save yourself the hastle. Plus, if you are going to compare cards, make it fair & compare the top-end cards of both companies.... the 9600 is a pretty old model my friend, whereas the GeForce you refered to is one of the relatively "better" NVIDIA cards. A fair competitor may cost a little more.. BUT THEY ARE WORTH IT! 128megs will only be better than the kruddy 256. I'd rather have the 9600Pro than another GeForce. BOTTOM LINE______ Go for the better built card, not the common..Everyone-owned P.O.S.

GeForce's being pieces of crap

Ohh No No No. I bought a Radeon X800 256 and took it back the same day and swapped it for a Nvidia6800 gt 256.

Way way better

Pro Member First Officer
horrgakx First Officer

Well, I've had a few cards over the years and GeForce and ATI have been among them. I didn't notice a quality issue with any of them to be honest - but like anything it would be possible to get a bad one. I certainly wouldn't tar them all with the same brush on hearing a couple of bad reports. And I ALWAYS dig up as much information as I can (reviews etc) before buying.

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

What i hope is for big payware sites(PMDG or any other) to have updates for their aircraft to make them compatable with FS2006

There's a certain implication (although no specific details obviously) that the Flight Simulator project might be drawing to a conclusion, i.e. everything slowly being brought together and compiled. Nobody has said as much, but putting together all the comments made on developer blogs suggests that's the state of things at the moment. A reference to 'increasingly hectic work' seems to indicate that there are new deadlines to be met. The next question is, did they listen to the thousands of suggestions we made on various forums for the past 2 years?

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...