PMDG 737-700

Pro Member Captain
Jared Captain

I just got the PMDG 737NG. i have gotton to know the whole panel on the plane except for the FMC. i go to put all of the data in the fMC like the speeds, the arrival and departure airport, altitude. But when i got to activate the flight plan, on the screen where it shows the maximum and minimum climb, cruise, and desent speed it says Time Error Tolerance. what does this mean and how or what can i do to get my flight plan to work?

Answers 6 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
David (The-GPS-Kid) Captain

The Time Error Tolerance does not affect your Flight Planning being activated and executed, so I'm not sure what's causing that problem.

On entering your Origin and Destination airports into the RTE page, then moving to Page 2 (next page), enter your Waypoints on the Right Hand side of the page.

Now, you should be able to hit the ACTIVATE key, followed by the EXECUTE button and your plan should be live.

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Hi,

does the PMDG B737 have a big impact on frame rates?
Im getting just about 30fps at the moment, which is good and im interested in purchasing the PMDG 737

Pro Member Chief Captain
Jonathan (99jolegg) Chief Captain

If you have a medium rated system then 30FPS will drop considerably to around 15-20 FPS and maybe even lower at big airports or if you have Ultimate Traffic installed. Nice aircraft, shame about the FPS hit though 😞

Pro Member Captain

The thing with this specific add-on is that it depends on your set-up and also what else you're running.

PC Pilot magazine done some technical testing on Frame Rate performance of the 737NG, last year, and the outcome was ;

"The PMDG 737NG performed with extremely comparable Frame Rate results as the default 737".

I have never had problems with Frame Rates with this plane but others have for real.....

My personal pitch would be that to run 737NG comfortably, you need :-

Minimum 512Mb RAM
Minimum 128Mb Graphics Card
Sensible FS Display settings

..... and you should be fine... I would not recommend any one running 256Mb of RAM to buy the NG.

😉

Pro Member First Officer
Barge First Officer

Hi,

My SYSTEM:

Windows XP Home SP1
AMD Athlon XP 2400+ ~ 2.0GHz
512MB RAM
DirectX 9.0c

GRAPHICS CARD:

nVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
128MB memor

how would that perform do you think?

Pro Member Captain

That would perform 'adequately' I would say in most areas.

In areas where you have complex add-on scenery, you will take a bit more of a hit..... maybe down to around 9 FPS....

That's just my thoughts though - Never make a purchase on the basis of subjective advice such as likely performance of a product, based on a certain PC spec.

Get your RAM up to 1024Mb and you would be laughing.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...