F.S. closes down Please Help!!!

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

When I'm flying every five or six minutes the Flight Simulator closes down and my desktop shows up. What can I do to stop this?

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😳 Has it always done this,or have you added something?
Also are you flying the same route when the crash happens,if so then delete the add on scenery for that area and check for a fix

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

i havent added anything on to the Fs I couldnt get them on there. I didnt erase any scenery either. It just happens. When im flying the screen goes blank and my desktop comes up.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Chances are that it's overheating.
Take the side off the case, point a deskfan at it and run the sim.
If it doesn't crash then you can put the side back on and buy a rear fan ($10-20) and one for the front if you have a place to put it.
I also use a PCI fan, very inexpensive and easy to install.
Don't keep running the machine with the side off, it not made for that,
While your in there clean the dust off the fans, especially the one on the CPU the dust cakes up in the narrow fins.

Let us know how it works.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
Michael_H First Officer

RadarMan is right about the heat issue.. It does sound like that.

As Tom TT mentioned: has it always done this..
Does it happen on the same route or with the same class of airplane all the time?

If cleaning up your case and CPU fans doesn't help, post your CPU, RAM, and Video card specs and it may make it easier to figure out what is going on.

Also: hard drive size and amount of free space on your FS9 partition.
Is the machine clean: ie no spyware, malware, viruses?

Pro Member First Officer
amermel First Officer

Oh yeah its always done that

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...