Repaint is not repainting, help

Pro Member Trainee
steelyeyedken Trainee

I downloaded the Delta Connection for the Feelthere CRJ 700. The plane is there but there is no paint scheme. I am new at this but I think I followed all the directions. What am I doing wrong?

Answers 21 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I think that your saying that you downloaded textures for an aircraft but they don't show up.
If this is the case, follow these instructions.
Good luck.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
steelyeyedken Trainee

I followed those directions. The folder is in place and config. is done. I have two new planes in the Bombadier FS selection but neither has the paint on them. They are grey. Suggestions?

Rick Lee Guest

I might be flogging a dead horse here. I hope not.
I had the same problem once and found the cure courtesy of Mr. Maltby.

I just had a quick read through Andrew Herd's instructions, please bear in mind that I might have missed something but this is all I could find regarding the "sim- entry"

sim - indicates which .air file is to be used (note that the .air extension isn't appended here)

Not wrong but we have to make sure that what follows after sim=
is exactly the same as your .air file!

EXAMPLE: Have a good look at your default b737_400.
The name of the airfile is: Boeing737-400.air
Now open your aircraft CFG file and look at the third line from
top: sim=Boeing737-400

Now compare the name of the airfile with the sim=...line.
Exactly the same except omit ".air" in the sim=...line.

It might solve the problem - I sure hope it does

Fear good luck, Rick

Pro Member Trainee
steelyeyedken Trainee

I am still baffled. I have read all the config. files for the existing CRJ700 planes and the only thing different was the location of the "vc" and the plane name "Delta Connection". I changed them to be like the others and then FS would not open (would not initialize the plane). I changed them back and everthing worked fine but I still do not have the textures on the planes. I sure can't figure out what went wrong.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

First check the read-me to make sure this wasn't a "blank" to be painted.

Do you have problems like this with any other aircraft.
Please list your system specs, I'm especially interested in your video card.

Radar

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Just a thought but have you downloaded the Delta Connection texture for the CRJ200 and your model is a CRJ700?

I can't seem to find a Delta texture for the CRJ700...only the CRJ200?

If this isn't the case copy/paste your CFG. file here.

Pro Member Trainee
steelyeyedken Trainee

To answer your questions.

I have an HP Pent. 4 2.60GHZ 512 RAM
Window XP
GeForce FX 5950 Ultra video card.

The repaint was downloaded from regional-jet CRJ 700 Delta Connection

I opened the file into the aircraft texture file. I copy and placed the config. info in the airplane config. file with the last number given.

I have a new plane showing in the selection box but it is not painted.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Pro Member First Officer
sylvan First Officer

Give us more info

Post the link or tell us the website where you downloaded the texture and copy/paste your CFG here. We'll do our best........rest assured

Pro Member Trainee
steelyeyedken Trainee

The website is: www.regional-jets.net

Here is the config

[fltsim.28]
title=FeelThere - CRJ 700 - Delta Connection ASA - VC
sim=CRJ700frt
model=nocab
panel=
sound=
texture=DCASA
kb_checklists=
description=FeelThere CRJ 700 Airframe: Feel Right There FDE: Feel Right There Copyright 2004, All Rights Reserved.
ui_manufacturer=Wilco / feelThere - Bombardier
ui_type=CRJ 700 VC and 2D
ui_variation=Delta Connection ASA
atc_airline=DELTA
atc_id=N710EV
atc_flight_number=
atc_heavy=0

Thanks for your efforts on this.

The actual instructions on this were kind of confusing but I believe I did it right.
If anyone has a very simple set of instructions on how to install texture I would love to see them.

thanks again

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

I think I found what the problem is. The texture folder that comes with that download is actually a .zip folder.
Just create a new folder inside the CRJ 700 and name it "texture.DCASA".
Copy the 4 files from the zipped texture folder to your new texture.DCASA folder. Then copy all the files from the default texture folder in here also and choose NO when asked to overwrite.

Another way to do it would be to go into the CRJ 700 folder and make a copy of the default texture foler. Rename it texture.DCASA. Then copy the 4 files from the zipped texture folder into it and choose YES when asked to overwrite.

Good luck!!!
Suds

steelyeyedken wrote:

The actual instructions on this were kind of confusing but I believe I did it right.

you already got 27 other repaints for this A/C ❓

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Installation:

1. After unzipping to a temporary folder, move the texture folder accompanying this readme into your "FS2004\aircraft\feelThere CRJ 700" folder.

2. Copy and paste all the textures from your default texture folder, Aircraft\feelThere CRJ 700\texture, DO NOT OVERWRITE ANY TEXTURES

3. Copy the text below and insert it into the aircraft.cfg file in your "FS2004\aircraft\feelThere CRJ 700" directory. Replace "X" with appropriate number, i.e. if the last entry in your aircraft.cfg file is "[fltsim.5]" then alter the new text you're pasting in to read "[fltsim.6]".

4. If you wish to use one of the other models, e.g. vc+cabin, replace the model line in your cfg file to suit

Pro Member Trainee
steelyeyedken Trainee

Guest, but not Delta in the 700.

I know this is frustrating. But I did exactly as has I have been told. I followed everyone of the steps. I have a seperate folder for the plane. I copied the textures from the default plane. I did not overwrite. I opened the four textures into that folder.

babing,babang, no textures. I have the plane with primor paint. That is why I am so frustrated. Can't figure out what I did wrong.

The part I was somewhat confused about was copying from the default texture. It took me awhile but I finally understood. Sorry if that offends anybody.

I really appreciate everyone's help. I have done other planes but not often. That is why I have not been able to understand this problem. That is also why I decided to ask all of you rather than just live with it.

I can live without another plane, since I already have 27, just thought I would see if there was some simple explanation.

Pro Member Trainee
Suds Trainee

"Installation:

1. After unzipping to a temporary folder, move the texture folder accompanying this readme into your "FS2004\aircraft\feelThere CRJ 700" folder."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After doing step one, does the texture folder look like a normal folder or a folder with a zipper going through it?

1 downloaded [original] zipped file - contains:

2 ordinary folder named cr700_delta_connection_asa_1.0 - contains:

3 readme file & zipped folder named texture.DCASA

4 zipped folder named texture.DCASA - contains:

5 ordinary folder named texture.DCASA - contains:

6 four (4) bitmap images named: main_left1_T, main_left2_T, texture1_T, texture3_T.

Pro Member Trainee
steelyeyedken Trainee

I have gone back and redone everything. Same result. I have noticed that all the other planes folder's run horizontal and and have the thumbnail texture panels.

The Delta folders all run vertical and are all bitmaps. There are no "drawings" or thumbnails of the textures. I hope I am not confusing you all with my terminology.

I don't know what any of that means, just an observation. I am sure I am overlooking something very simple or missing a step but I sure can't figure it out. The plane is less important to me than trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

I appreciate all your efforts to get me up to speed on this.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Why not try a different set of textures for that aircraft and see if it's the download not you.

Radar

help me!!!!!!!!!!! Guest

how do you put the planes into flight simulator

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

help me!!!!!!!!!!! wrote:

It would be better if you started a New Topic with this as you are tagged on to a forum trail which is 2 pages long and is not relevant to the question you ask - or even have a look at - just click on below -

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

davec wrote:

It would be better if you started a New Topic with this as you are tagged on to a forum trail which is 2 pages long and is not relevant to the question you ask - or even have a look at - just click on below -

https://flyawaysimulation.com/knowledge/page/34/installing-addon-flight-simulator-downloads/

i don't care about it would be better all i want is to know how

BashDaBish Guest

With manners like that I will be surprised if you get any assistance Nope

Pro Member Captain
Dave Copeland (davec) Captain

Anonymous wrote:

davec wrote:

i don't care about it would be better all i want is to know how

The link I left will tell you how to do it - did you bother to read it?
Your attitude to people trying to help you will not be conducive to getting help.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...