My marina water is the wrong color

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

Installed the California Central coast scenery. In my Santa Barbara harbor the marina looks great with all the boats and slips but the water is the wrong color. It's dark green which sharply contrasts the rest of the water in the ocean. Is there any way the color can be adjusted?

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I can just think of 3 things that can cause that, bad video drivers, older video card or that's the color the water should be.
Someone else may have a better idea.

Radar

Pro Member Chief Captain
Matthew Shope (mypilot) Chief Captain

Please tell me where you got that scenery you are talking about! ❓

Pro Member First Officer
freedspeak First Officer

I just got a new graphics card, an ATI Radeon X800XL PCIe but the water corruption occured before I bought the card. I think when I first downloaded the scenery the water looked ok.

Mypilot I got the scenery from the files on this site. I've seen it other places also. Pretty sure Avsim has it.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

If it looked OK before the new card (great card), how about the drivers. They should be cleaned out and reinstalled.
You need a decent power supply for that card, I wouldn't run it without at least a 450w P/S, it won't perform at it's best.

Radar

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...