water texture weird

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

Hi there, I upgraded to GE Pro and all of a sudden the water texture looks so weird. The color is light blue, there are huge ripples seen from FL390 and 40 miles away. Even in the night the water shows tropical light blue and this spooky ripples and waves that are large enough to cover 2 miles long.....how do I get back the previous water that looked dark and calm?

Answers 2 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

nottobe wrote:

http://aycu26.webshots.com/image/7985/2002230701465494472_rs.jpg

I can't see anything, post a better screenshot.

Radar

Pro Member Captain
nottobe Captain

OK , it has something to do with the Sight Distance in Display/weather option. I used to pull the slider to the left end which is 60 nm. Coz the edge was kind of cut off at high alt, so I moved the slider to the right which I think is 140 nm. This is how it causes problem: the water texture is not rendered beyond 60nm, so if I move the slider to the right, there is 80nm water area is not rendered, thats why I see this light blue color with weird ripples(FS default water?)....
Now I would like to know a remedy to fix this problem, I want the horizon to extend to 140nm, while the water beyond 60nm is still rendered. Does anybody know anything abt this? thanks

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...