AFCAD

Pro Member Trainee
Bumbyter Trainee

ummmm....what does AFCAD stand for? Is there a glossary of abbreviations available? If not, there should be, it would certainly help noobies understand what people are talking about in the forums.

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Captain
Sam (SamIntel) Captain

I'm not sure what it stands for, but here the Project AI AFCAD home page.
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/1232/afcad-221-for-fs2004/

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Interesting question, I never thought about it. I know (obviously) that it's a "CAD" program.

What is AFCAD?

It is a freeware CAD-style program that allows you to modify the Airport and Facilities Data (AFD) used in Microsoft Flight Simulator (FS2002). Facility data is part of the scenery database for Flight Simulator but facility data does not control any of the visual elements of scenery, like airport buildings or ground textures. Instead facility data controls the invisible maps of airports and other data that ATC uses to give directions and AI uses to move around and park at airports. It also controls the information that you see on the ?map view?, GPS screen, flight planner, and start position set-up window in Flight Simulator. You can modify any of that with AFCAD.

Radar

Pro Member Trainee
Bumbyter Trainee

thanks, now, about that glossary.......

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...