VFR Photographic Scenery work well

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

😛 Just a quick post to tell you that the VFR series scenery works on 2004 and the mesh works too 😛

Answers 17 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Thanks for the update 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
ricco Trainee

Hi

Can someone please explain what the "VFR series" is exactly to us rookies 😎

TIA

tomdot Guest

[quote="ricco"]Hi

TIA

Go to www.justflight.com for full details.

If you have a nose about you can find it cheaper

Go on... fly over you're house

ps if you have it allready in fs2002 just load it from there via the scenery setting in fs9 and save disc space

Hope this helps

RiccoJ Guest

Yep - just the thing I was looking for, so now I have another question for you.... Has anyone bought the VFR Wales & South-West England yet?

Just wondering how good it will be. 🙄

tomdot Guest

RiccoJ wrote:

Yep - just the thing I was looking for, so now I have another question for you.... Has anyone bought the VFR Wales & South-West England yet?

Just wondering how good it will be. 🙄

Its great from anything above 3000ft during the day
but if you are a night flier theres no night lighting.
Ive got wales and the west and you can find your way around plus the mesh is fab far better than the ms attempt
Ill post a screen shot once ive figured out how to get one on here

ps theres a great download of the severn bridge doing the rounds

Pro Member Trainee
Chris (hedgehopper) Trainee

[quote="tomdot"]

ricco wrote:

Hi

TIA

Go to www.justflight.com for full details.

If you have a nose about you can find it cheaper

Go on... fly over you're house

ps if you have it allready in fs2002 just load it from there via the scenery setting in fs9 and save disc space

Hope this helps

❓ I've checked out the scenary settings in fs9 and can't see how to load from fs2002, can you help ?

tomdot Guest

To add scenery from fs2002(or even try fs2000) click settings in fs9 then click scenery then click add scenery and then in pop up box at top where it says fs9 click the down arrow next to it
above fs9 should be ms games..click that and you should (provided its installed)be able to select between any other ms game (ie fs2002)click that and choose add on scenery file(if thats where you put them)
now pick the scenery you want and close and restart fs9
if it is compatable job done (not all are)
no need to redownload or copy anything thus saving drive space and time
if its no good just delete from the settings menu
sorry if it was long winded but i hope its helped
happy landings

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

Tomdot - perhaps you cpuld sign-up for an account or login to your ac count to become an official forum member - it's much more professional and your starts and logo are displayed properly. You cannot also get post counts with no user account.

hi i got vfr and crash into my house cool!!!!

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

hi i got vfr and crash into my house cool!!!!

😂 You can get tablets to stop that
take the rest of the week off and lie in a darkend room 😂

Pro Member Trainee
ricco Trainee

please check out my pics at ....

http://www.riccojames.co.uk/ flightsim gallery

Ricco

there a discrepency between the mesh and the photographic image.....I have Vol 3...(Wales and south west).

It is most noticable near the coast.....where you see the sea is rasied...but still textured as 'sea'.

In the northwest corner of Wales (Lyn peninsular) , I area I have often camped in, I recognised the the coast road(photo image) and hill(mesh)......they are a couple of hundred metres adrift.

And although I can recognise this.....the whole effect still seems a bit 'pixulated to me, not at all kike the photo on the box. Am I being too exacting. I have tried varing the setting....

Pro Member Trainee
Oliver Ambrose (ollieamb) Trainee

I have VFR scenery for northern england for FS2002 but want to know if and how i can get it working on FS2004???

HELP! 😳

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

ollieamb wrote:

I have VFR scenery for northern england for FS2002 but want to know if and how i can get it working on FS2004???

HELP! 😳

🙄 Hi the answer is 8 from the top in this in this thread by tomdot( Blush me before I joined)

Any problems give us a shout

TTT

Pro Member Trainee
suntor Trainee

Hi guys, bought VFR scenery for Eastern England. installed it and all I got was "Mush".

Started at London City Airport, a place I know. Airport was there, but Thames and London weren't, just a kind of green hazy mush.

Went to Wittering - again a place I know. Same Story.

What have I done wrong?

Tried re-insalling it and tried with a friend who'se "good with computers" We are both stumped.

My graphics card is up to the job. I am runing FS2004 on XP.

Any ideas?

Dissapinted, Suntor.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Hello If you click start/programs a list of progs displays>put your mouse over VFR scenery and you should get an adjustment for the scenery draw distance .
Also make sure your sliders are up in settings in fs9.On a less powerful pc it may take a couple of secs to load

Have a try with that

Note VFR is best from above 3000ft

You say your graphics card is up for the job...........it needs to be

TTT

Pro Member Trainee
suntor Trainee

thanks mate I'll give it a try.

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...