Does anyone know where I can print a list of the key commands/functions
for playing flight sim. I have a joystick but have no idea what keys on the
keyboard do what.
Thank in advance.

Answers 4 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

You can get to the key assignments menu by going to Settings >> Assignments. That will tell you what key does what. Sadly, you cannot print from that menu - so you will have to make a note or type it down for in-flight use. You will learn them after a while i'm sure 🙂

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

I made it (kneeboard) into a word Doc. You can print that out. It takes 5 pages but its worth it.
I can't load it into this post attachment is turned off.
I can mail it someone for download if you like. It's a rather small zip file, 11.9kb zipped.

Guest Guest

You can also view it from outside of FS2004 using a web browser. Just go to your install directory (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simultor 9\), open the Aircraft directory, then double-click on kneeboard_keys.htm.

I doubt this is updated if you make customized key associations, but you could change it yourself if you know anything about HTML. You can view and/or change lots of stuff with just a web browser - just look for the .htm files. Personally, I got sick of reading the small, 8pt font for the ground school lessons and modified the cascading style sheet to make it display with easy-to-read 12pt Times New Roman font.

Pro Member Site Admin
Fly Away Simulation (Flyaway) Site Admin

You can download the FS2004 Keyboard Commands table here:
https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/7939/fs2004-keyboard-commands-table/

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...