WOULD FSX WORK ON MY COMPUTER, I WANT BEST GRAPHICS PLEASE

ok these are the specifications of my computer:

pentium 4 1700 mhz
1.68 ghz
384 mb of RAM

if this is not good can yu advise me on what to make my graphics on fsx realy good.thanks much appreciated. jamie.

Answers 33 Answers

Jump to latest

It depends on your budget, the best graphics will cost you about $7000.
I would wait for Microsoft Visa and Direct X 10 video cards to come out before buying a new computer. FSX, on Ultra high settings, is beyond most current computers available.

1. You'll want the fastest processor that you can afford.
2. Minimum of 2 GB of RAM(I would go for 4 GB)
3. Two video cards, 512 MB each( I would go for two 1 GB cards)

Pro Member Chief Captain
hms_endeavour Chief Captain

um, correction:He ment 700$, not 7000$.
But yeah he's right.

Pro Member Chief Captain
tomthetank Chief Captain

Your system is below par for FSX Sorry Crying or Very sad
It is on paper more than able if you go by the minimum spec required as issued by Microsoft ROFL It may stagger along at the lowest settings

Im affraid that you,like many of us,are looking at a new PC

Pro Member Trainee
UG_PL Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

I would wait for Microsoft Visa and Direct X 10 video cards to come out before buying a new computer. FSX, on Ultra high settings, is beyond most current computers available.

Why would you want 4Gb of Ram? I think Vista will only use 3Gb maximum and XP only 2Gb ,this is overkill. 😀

And you dont need 2 video cards ,High end Dx10 GPU's will = 2x7950 GX2
and maybe even more then that.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Solotwo Chief Captain

Why not have 4gb's? A year ago some would say 2gb was overkill. My next computer will have 4gb's of ram, plus two 1024mb graphics cards. If you have the money, there is no such thing as overkill.

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

I'm on overkill tablets, I've already a system like that! If I could afford it, I would change my Mobo for one that takes 8 Gb of mem. Solo is 100% right, no such thing as overkill if you can afford it.

If you look at all the programs running in the background, that seem so necessary, and eating up the resources, any extra mem you can get, will sure be useful.

heero884 Guest

Anonymous wrote:

i have 2 things to say about..

1) 4GB is overkill, 2GB is plenty.. having 4GB is a waste of money ($200) as it wont be utilized and you can always add memory later on when you NEED it (it'll probably be cheaper too). although its true that vista is memory hungry, if you're going to game you want to stick with windows xp anyways
2) video card memory is not a indicator of video performance.. also the fastest video card on the market has 512MB of video memory and the next generation of video cards (at least the ones from nvidia) will not have 1GB anyhow..

to the OP: honestly it wouldnt be practical to upgrade your current system to run FSX. youll probably want to look into buying a new computer.

if your goal is to run FSX at 1280x1024 with good detail and frame rate.. at the minimum look for the following specs:

Intel core 2 duo processor
1GB of RAM (2GB is highly recommended)
Geforce 7600GT

Fryingpan Guest

2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon64 X2 Dual Core
1 gb of RAM (I could have sworn i had 2)

will this work?

NSX Guest

My specs are the following:

AMD Athlon 2.1 GHZ
512 MB ram
128 MB Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440.

These are my setting's:

Resolution: 1024x768x32
Frame rate: 15
Global Texture Resolution: High

General Aircraft setting: High

Scenery: Minimal

Weather: Medium Low

Traffic: Minimal

At these setting's it runs smooth enough for nice flying, my plane looks nice but the scenery sucks, you win some you lose some.

All that is bothering me is the insane loading time. I timed it last night from the moment I pressed "Fly Now" till the point I was ready to go: 2 m 26 sec!!! There must be something to make that less, is there?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

You both need better video cards and NSX needs more memory too.

Radar

hey guys, thanks for the tip, im not afraid of people saying a new computer it makes my mum look at these post and she says "ye maybe you do need a new computer" lol well i think that is going to be for christmas instead of flying lessons!

Pro Member Chief Captain
CrashGordon Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

hey guys, thanks for the tip, im not afraid of people saying a new computer it makes my mum look at these post and she says "ye maybe you do need a new computer" lol well i think that is going to be for christmas instead of flying lessons!

Good idea. Your Mum will probably be less anxious as well. 😉

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

I think I need a new computer also, but I paid $3500 for it. Maybe I can up grade it. 🙂

Pro Member First Officer
KenTel First Officer

Thanks CRJ for the reminder, I had a Model II, and a Model I, I thought they were great, back then! I even had a special colour decoder fitted on the II, then Apple and BG made their appearance, and so the upgrades spiral ever upwards.

This reminds me, I have a CD somewhere, with a software Model I simulator. I used this for a while, when converting over.

Pro Member Chief Captain
CRJCapt Chief Captain

👍 We complain about our computers but it's almost unbelievable how far we've come is a short time.

Pro Member Chief Captain
Greekman72 Chief Captain

CRJCapt wrote:

👍 We complain about our computers but it's almost unbelievable how far we've come is a short time.

Yes Big truth ❗

Pro Member First Officer
spitfiresrule First Officer

Anonymous wrote:

What are you crazy lol Go get flying lessons there a million times better 🙂 Go for the flying lessons ❗

norwichgooner Guest

hi all

i need a new pc to run FSX but am going to wait until Vista is released and DX10 is out - anyone know when PC's with Vista and the latest DX10 cards will be for sale in the UK ?

hardisk Guest

Okay i was wondering if it will work on mine

Specs:

512mb ram
2.26 ghz processing
and i have a ATI Radeon 9550 APG graphics card 128 MB DDR Memory

will it work?

Pro Member First Officer
GoodisonBlue First Officer

norwichgooner wrote:

hi all

i need a new pc to run FSX but am going to wait until Vista is released and DX10 is out - anyone know when PC's with Vista and the latest DX10 cards will be for sale in the UK ?

Vista is out in January for Uk retail

There's some Geforce cards out now (8800) that are designed for Dx10 but i'd hold fire till a larger range is available.

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

hardisk wrote:

Okay i was wondering if it will work on mine

Specs:

512mb ram
2.26 ghz processing
and i have a ATI Radeon 9550 APG graphics card 128 MB DDR Memory

will it work?

Yes but I would double that ram.
If you can get a better card...do it.

Radar

okay

hardisk Guest

how well would it run?

I have 2.8 gig processor 2 gig of ram an Geforce 6600 oc and I still dont get the best proformance and I wonder why I Graphics High
aircraft medium high scenry high wheather medium low traffic medium high how do i get better proformance with my rig

Pro Member Trainee
Ryan (ryane) Trainee

I'm waiting till the end of next year until I upgrade/buy a new computer for FSX. I think buying now would be a complete waste. DX10 and Vista are on the fringe right now and they both need to mature. I've heard great things about the Nvidia G80 GPU (in the 8800GTX,GTS) but they are ALREADY planning a late January release of the G82/G84 that will perform even better. ATI is still playing catch-up with their DX10 R600 chip which will be out middle of next year also. Intel and AMD are now in the middle of another power/price war and now I'm waiting for that to cool off.

My next PC purchase will be Core2 Duo 3.0+ GHz, G82/84 DX10 GPU, 3 GB of HP RAM and a water cooling system so I can overclock. It should all be reasonably priced by the next holiday season at the latest. Until then, I can wait - this technology needs to stabilize before I even think about investing in it.

I'm not going to expect to get decent frame rates (30+) at hi-res on a machine that is less than what I just described. I have a Pentium D 3GHz(x4) and a 7800GT video card on 2 GB ram that performs like this:
https://forum.flyawaysimulation.com/forum/topic/24268/my-first-msfs-screens-hawaii-arrival/

Happy Flying.

allenranger2 Guest

heero884 wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

i have 2 things to say about..

1) 4GB is overkill, 2GB is plenty.. having 4GB is a waste of money ($200) as it wont be utilized and you can always add memory later on when you NEED it (it'll probably be cheaper too). although its true that vista is memory hungry, if you're going to game you want to stick with windows xp anyways
2) video card memory is not a indicator of video performance.. also the fastest video card on the market has 512MB of video memory and the next generation of video cards (at least the ones from nvidia) will not have 1GB anyhow..

to the OP: honestly it wouldnt be practical to upgrade your current system to run FSX. youll probably want to look into buying a new computer.

if your goal is to run FSX at 1280x1024 with good detail and frame rate.. at the minimum look for the following specs:

Intel core 2 duo processor
1GB of RAM (2GB is highly recommended)
Geforce 7600GT

Sorry, 2GB RAM is nothing. I run Photoshop which can take a good 600 - 800 MB and then browser, email, Instant Messengers, and I'm left with 100 MB of RAM. I don't know about anyone else, but none of these apps are graphic-intense like FSX. It runs fine on my 2GB system, but there's no way I can run anything else on it at the same time.

How well would my computer run FSX?

The specs

intel pentium 4 processor.
2.26ghz processing
512mb ram
ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card.
80gb harddrive

does anybody Know?

Pro Member Chief Captain
RadarMan Chief Captain

Anonymous wrote:

does anybody Know?

Your question was answered, read above. Boost the system and it'll run fine.

Radar

Darkvoid Guest

Anonymous wrote:

How well would my computer run FSX?

The specs

intel pentium 4 processor.
2.26ghz processing
512mb ram
ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card.
80gb harddrive

You will have to play with everything between low and medium...
It will suck ... Your graphic card will not perform very good in fsx.

I have an AMD 4000+
1 GB Ram
Geforce 7800GT 256MB
320GB HD

and I have to play at medium-high and sometimes at huge airports like Seattle I still have less than 15 fps...
With my pc in fs2004 I had everything at max and FPS was always 30+

FSX is very demanding...

Pro Member Trainee
bader (bader_75) Trainee

Anonymous wrote:

( I would go for two 1 GB cards)

i was ask the computer store about prize of 1 GB card , hes tell me the prise is 640$

wow ver expensive !!!!! .

please see this site that tell you did your computer work good with fsx

http://www.nzone.com/content/nzone/srl/nzone_srl.asp?gameid=3892

Pro Member Trainee
Bartfs Trainee

bader_75 wrote:

Anonymous wrote:

( I would go for two 1 GB cards)

i was ask the computer store about prize of 1 GB card , hes tell me the prise is 640$

wow ver expensive !!!!! .

please see this site that tell you did your computer work good with fsx

http://www.nzone.com/content/nzone/srl/nzone_srl.asp?gameid=3892

Dont bump up 2 year old topics please 🙄

Pro Member First Officer
Concorde105 First Officer

LEARN HOW TO SPELL, BADER!

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...