New Computer: Best Specs for FS2004?

Pro Member Trainee
claytonlocher Trainee

Hey All!
I am looking to buy a new computer to run FS2004 with maxed-out settings and nice graphics, with above-all good FPS. My grandparents' have a nice Dell 530 with 2GB of RAM, a 128MB ATI Radeon HD 2400 Pro video card I think, and an AMD Athlon X2 Dual-Core 4400+ processor. The computer is almost exactly a year old. On their computer, I can run FS2004 with maxed-out settings, payware aircraft and scenery, all at generally 20 FPS on the ground.

Now my question is...what specs would you recommend I try to follow. I'm pretty much trying to match the system described above. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 😀

P.S. I would like to spend at the maximum around $700. Hope this helps!

Answers 3 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Bran09 First Officer

ye just go with your grandparents computer or get a dell Geforce fx5500 and a core duao proccesser and thats it your good to go 😀

Pro Member First Officer
vlad (tiger7881) First Officer

I would suggest to get highter then 6 series for video card, but thats my opinnnion, in anyway they are not expensive. A year and half ago I bought the 7600 GS OC AGP 512 mb, it was like $250 now it should be like $70 🙂 ram is good, for proccesory look for dual core. thats it, my opinion, if you want to run the game smoooth, but with add-ons too,. cuz when you download nall those nice add-ons, like flight enviroment, US and Canada wold scenery, airport add-ons etc... Takes alot of memory, so get sometihng around what I wrote above. 🙂

Pro Member Trainee
claytonlocher Trainee

Thanks for the suggestions guys!
Now, I have another question...what is the difference, if there are any, between the Dell Inspiron Desktop and Inspiron Slim Desktop? Would either one have different performance characteristics? I know I could easily ask Dell or some other person with a good knowledge of computers, but I might as well ask here on Fly Away. 😉

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...