Improved Trees in FS-Tree 2004 Freeware

I downloaded and installed FS-Trees 2004 freeware and I'm pretty impressed! It dresses up FS9 plus I dn't see a change in frame rates, so you may want to give it a look. Don't be put off by the fact that the web site isn't in English--there are screen shots to click on and a big icon for the zip download.

The zip file contains the following:

lisez-moi.txt
treesfa.bmp
treeshw.bmp
treessp.bmp
treessu.bmp
treeswi.bmp

The readme file (lisez-moi.txt) is in French, but basically it says to go into your main Textures folder, back up the 5 files you will be replacing, then copy the new files into that folder. After that, start FS9 and go to a wooded area to enjoy the scenery. 😉

Answers 5 Answers

Jump to latest
Pro Member First Officer
Greg (FL050) First Officer

Looks really nice. I'll certainly try this out. Although you might should have posted this under Scenery 😉

SoCalRick Guest

FL050 wrote:

Looks really nice. I'll certainly try this out. Although you might should have posted this under Scenery 😉

Really nice tip. I'll certainly try out posting in the appropriate forum next time. 😉

Pro Member Trainee
PierreL Trainee

This realization is freeware and cannot be marketed. Includes the 4 seasons + hard winter. Every season (except summer) have been reprocessed in photoshop to recreate the flowering of spring, the colors ochres of autumn and snow in winter. These textures have no influence on the frame rate. As one can see it on the screen captures, they integrate rather well on the photorealists scenes of Belle-Ile (a beautiful Island off Brittany) and Quibéron (a near-island in Brittany as well). These textures modify neither the small bushes, nor the palm trees which remain of origin.

Installation
If you would like to put back in place your original tex, make a backup copy of the files
treesfa.bmp
treeshw.bmp
treessp.bmp
treessu.bmp
treeswi.bmp
main directory:Textures in FS2004

Decompress the 5 files BMP in this directory, start FS2004, choose a timbered place, aseason and go on discovering these textures at will; at your own risk of course, I cannot take responsibility for any malfunction . Have fun!

Updates of the version alpha to the version beta: improved cut out of a fir tree which included a white contour. Removal of the parasitic features above certain trees. Modification of the color of flowerings in spring which tended too much to purple . Suppression of the appearance of snow on non-persistent trees in contradiction to a ground bare of any snow.

Update of the version beta to beta1: reclassification an uncommon tree (shaped as a ?) as a bush (less frequent) or addition of poplars in lieu (more frequent) .

BTW if you hit a foreign language text you can get a rough (very rough) translation in http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

It is generally good enough to give you the gist of it, given redundancy of languages. I used it for this translation, copy/paste, and then corrected
the text when required, saves on typing too.

Pro Member First Officer
Elkinallen First Officer

Good job SoCalRick!!! I nabbed this one quick!😀

I miss San diego!!! (Your screenname reminded me Crying or Very sad )

SoCalRick Guest

Elkinallen wrote:

Good job SoCalRick!!! I nabbed this one quick!😀

I miss San diego!!! (Your screenname reminded me Crying or Very sad )

You're not the first one I've made cry just by my mere presence, lol! Glad you got the trees--I think it's a very worthy addition.
You'll have to let me know if you get down this way for a visit. 🍻

(Thanks to PierreL for the full translation BTW.)

Still does not answer your question? Ask a new question!

If the question and answers provided above do not answer your specific question - why not ask a new question of your own? Our community and flight simulator experts will provided a dedicated and unique answer to your flight sim question. And, you don't even need to register to post your question!

Ask New Question...

Search

Search our questions and answers...

Be sure to search for your question from existing posted questions before asking a new question as your question may already exist from another user. If you're sure your question is unique and hasn't been asked before, consider asking a new question.

Related Questions

Flight Sim Questions that are closely related to this...